Need help with self-guided study of Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics?

• Thread starter Nim R
  • Start date
In summary, self-guided study of Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics can be a challenging but rewarding experience for those looking to expand their knowledge and understanding of this complex subject. With the right resources, such as textbooks, online lectures, and practice problems, students can effectively learn and apply the principles of thermodynamics to real-world engineering problems. It is important to stay organized and focused, and to seek out additional help or clarification from professors or peers when needed. With dedication and determination, self-guided study of Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics can lead to a strong foundation in this crucial field of study.
Nim R
Hi there!

I picked up an old Thermo textbook and want to work my way through it. However the practice problems don't have solutions to check against so it's hard to know if I'm going in the right direction.

I'm just looking for a bit of support and collaboration for taking on this little endeavor of mine. As for why I want to go through an older textbook: for starters I got it at a thrift store for a dollar and after thumbing through it I really liked the structure and felt I could grasp it well.

The books is:
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics: The Study of Energy, Entropy and Equilibrium,
Balzhiser, Samuels, and Eliassen (1972)

Looking forward to working with you all!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Nim R.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif

Try one of our Homework forums, to start with. Make sure you show your working.

Good luck with your self-guided study!