Need pdf2doc, doc2pdf, free, win

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a free PDF to Doc and Doc to PDF transformer for Windows. The person also needs a software that can edit PDF files. Suggestions were made to use Ghostscript or Open Office for the conversion, and Able2doc for PDF to Doc conversion. Another recommended free PDF converter is PrimoPDF.
heartless
Hello,
I'd need a free pdf to doc and doc to pdf transformer for windows. I can't find any on google.
Thanks,

//wait, wait

and something that would let me edit pdf files. Big thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Doc to pdf is very easy, you can do it by printing the file from any Windows application to a postscript file then using Ghostscript (free, GPL) to do the conversion from .ps to .pdf

Alternatively, Open Office does the same thing in one click, and it's also free. It's a big download though.

pdf to doc is a much bigger deal. There is a shareware program called able2doc which does good conversions, preserving formatting well, but it's a limited time trial only.

You can also use OpenOffice to convert to pdf

My favorite free PDF converter is http://www.primopdf.com"
If you can print it you can convert it to pdf.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is pdf2doc?

PDF2doc is a software that allows you to convert PDF documents into Microsoft Word documents (docx).

What is doc2pdf?

Doc2pdf is a software that allows you to convert Microsoft Word documents (docx) into PDF documents.

Is there a free version of pdf2doc and doc2pdf?

Yes, there are free versions of pdf2doc and doc2pdf available online. However, these free versions may have limited features or may be less reliable compared to paid versions.

Can pdf2doc and doc2pdf be used on a Windows operating system?

Yes, both pdf2doc and doc2pdf can be used on a Windows operating system. They are compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10.

Is pdf2doc and doc2pdf safe to use?

As with any software, it is important to download pdf2doc and doc2pdf from a reputable source to ensure safety. Additionally, it is recommended to have an antivirus program installed on your computer to further protect against any potential threats.