Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

1. Aug 14, 2009 #1
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Let's think of some good examples of this :D

I've got one:
    People talking back to internet trolls :D

What is another real-world example?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2009 #2

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Re: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Emily Yoffe took some singing lessons from a professional singing teacher, Deborah Benner, and made her debut performance in only 4 weeks. (Teaching a Pig to Sing article)

(The http://img.slate.com/media/64/Yoffe.asf [Broken])

I don't think she'll ever be quite as good as William Hung, but it certainly proves the saying.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Aug 14, 2009 #3

Can't think of any real life example for teaching a pig to sing. I surely have an example for putting lipstick on a pig. And that was an utter waste of time and annoyance to everyone.

5. Aug 14, 2009 #4

Danger

Gold Member

So you're the one who was messing around with my ex... :grumpy:

6. Aug 15, 2009 #5

How about arguing with a 5 year old lol

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook