New Chip Company coming to Kansas

  • Thread starter Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    company
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
4,458
Reaction score
3,266
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg, mcastillo356, Astronuc and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice, that's good news. It's definitely starting to be a trend for IC manufacturers to add production facilities in places other than Asia because of instabilities in that region.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and dlgoff
Kansas has pretty girls. :wink:

I wonder why they picked Burlington (which I had to look up). 1200 jobs is one per household. That's a lot. And it's not really near any major airports - Topeka, and then Wichita, Kansas City, Manhattan etc. are twice as far.

I agree that the issues of building in Asia have come into sharper focus recently.
 
Vanadium 50 said:
And it's not really near any major airports
It looks like Burlington does have a small airport, which I'm sure they could upgrade if desired. Good thing they didn't pick Linders IMO, just sayin'... :smile:

Burlington Airport.png

https://www.google.com/maps/search/airports+near+Burlington++kansas/@38.5602068,-96.1547659,8.29z
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Kansas has pretty girls. :wink:
I know that's right.