New upgrade - missing icons/images - Preview button dead

• Thread starter Tom.G
  • Start date
Greg Bernhardt said:
You should not accept untrusted certificates, however, it's showing as valid to me. What browser are you using?
Tom.G said:
Firefox 18.0.2. Yea, I know, it's old. To upgrade, must replace OS; then there is $X,XXX's of applications to be upgraded. Stuck!
Many sites have started using a later version of encryption (TLS 1.2?) than this browser supports (TLS 1.0), so that might be contributing; although the usual error I get is either no compatible encryption, can not connect, or connection interrupted.

Physics news on Phys.org
Tom.G said:
Many sites have started using a later version of encryption (TLS 1.2?) than this browser supports (TLS 1.0), so that might be contributing; although the usual error I get is either no compatible encryption, can not connect, or connection interrupted.
I would bet this is the issue. Upgrade, it's easy :)

It uses TLS 1.2, yes. That is a standard established in 2008.

How old does your OS have to be to not work with more recent versions of Firefox?

mfb said:
How old does your OS have to be to not work with more recent versions of Firefox?
Win 7 is the oldest OS for the current FF 56.0.2
To work on XP, the newest FF version is 52

It's getting to the point I'll have to do something soon. I'll start the search/research for compatible plug-ins & add-ons to keep the features I use. Meanwhile, this system will ignore the security warning for https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.5.0/css/font-awesome.min.css. At leaast those elusive icons will be sticking around!

Thanks a bunch for sticking around for this journey. 'Tis appreciated!

Tom.G said:
To work on XP, the newest FF version is 52
That is still much more recent than Firefox 18. And you probably shouldn't use XP (or older) on a computer with internet access.

Likes jim mcnamara