Nicolas Cage is going to Produce 3D Printers

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d Cage
In summary: Thanks for catching that!In summary, this story is probably fake, but it wouldn't be the first time a celebrity has done something like this.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
They will be of the filament type.
Short story here.

Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
They will be of the filament type.
Short story here.
Amazing! Even more so considering that some of the characters he has played has been only two- or even onedimensional.

Edit: Maybe he will use the printer for better character development? :biggrin:
Note: I am a fan of mr. Cage, but there have been some less than ideal movies he has played in.

Likes Choppy, CalcNerd, BillTre and 1 other person
DennisN said:
Note: I am a fan of mr. Cage, but there have been some less than ideal movies he has played in.
Yeah, I've heard anecdotally, that he apparently blew threw close to $200,000,000 'cause he just loves high living, then he had to do a bunch of "paycheck" movies to pay his taxes.

phinds said:
Yeah, I've heard anecdotally, that he apparently blew threw close to $200,000,000 'cause he just loves high living, then he had to do a bunch of "paycheck" movies to pay his taxes.
Thanks, that would explain it :smile:. I've heard this has happened to other celebrities too, but I don't remember any example at the moment.

Fascinating news. If Nicolas Cage is successful in this venture (not guaranteed, but his fame/infamy would certainly help with marketing or promotion), then I can easily imagine him making sufficient earnings to pay off all remaining debt he has, giving him the chance to revive his serious acting career, or retire from acting completely and go full time in this or other business ventures (I'm sure these thoughts crossed his mind).

It's also worth noting that Cage is a part of the Coppola family - his uncle, director Francis Ford Coppola, has long had a side gig in the wine business. So side ventures do run in the family.

Update: I just realized the article in the original post was published on April Fools Day. Can someone confirm whether this story is actually true?

I have a feeling it's fake, especially given they said his face would be emblazoned on the printers and I don't think he has any relevant experience

Last edited:
Stephenk53 said:
I have a feeling it's fake, especially given they said his face would be emblazoned on the printers and I don't think he has any relevant exper

I suspect you're right about the story being fake. But then again, in this day and age of celebrity, having one's face emblazoned on a product isn't as much of a stretch as it perhaps might have been in the past.

Stephenk53 said:
My above post glitched, I meant to say experience at the end
You should learn to edit your posts. You can do that for up to some very small number of hours.

I will do that now, but earlier it did not allow me for some reason

1. Can you explain the connection between Nicolas Cage and 3D printers?

Nicolas Cage, who is known for his acting career, has recently announced that he will be producing 3D printers. This means that he will be involved in the development, funding, and promotion of these devices.

2. What is the significance of Nicolas Cage producing 3D printers?

Nicolas Cage's involvement in the production of 3D printers brings attention to this growing technology and may attract more investors and consumers. It also adds credibility to the quality and potential success of these devices.

3. How will Nicolas Cage's involvement impact the 3D printing industry?

Nicolas Cage's involvement in the 3D printing industry could potentially bring new innovations and advancements to the technology. It could also lead to more mainstream adoption and increased competition among 3D printer manufacturers.

4. What can we expect from the 3D printers produced by Nicolas Cage?

There is no information currently available about the specific features or capabilities of the 3D printers produced by Nicolas Cage. However, with his involvement, we can expect high-quality and potentially unique products.

5. When can we expect to see Nicolas Cage's 3D printers on the market?

There is no official release date for Nicolas Cage's 3D printers yet. It will likely take some time for the production and development process to be completed. Keep an eye out for updates from Cage or the company he is working with.