(Not a text brainteaser) Speed Solving the Rubik's Cube

In summary, the conversation discusses speed solving of a Rubik's cube and the methods used. Nick can solve the cube in under 30 seconds, while averaging around 36 seconds. He asks if anyone else can do it and mentions his friend who used to solve in less than a minute. The other person in the conversation mentions their best time being 44 seconds and their average being around 55 seconds using basic methods. They also mention not being able to figure out the speed solving method and using the traditional "layer by layer" method, which took them about 2 minutes to solve. The final person in the conversation uses the Freidrich method and has been solving for 2 years.
capslockroxx
Who else does it? I can solve the cube in under 30 seconds, but I average around 36 seconds. If anyone else does this, please reply. I want to see how many people are better than me.

~Nick

Physics news on Phys.org
I speed solve, but only using basic methods. My best time is 44 sec and my average is about 55.

Which method do you use?

My friend used to speed solve but I don't think he ever got much better than a minute. He used to show off by solving his rubiks cube in less time than it took me to make my next move on the chess board.

I've never figured out the speed solving method. By the normal 'layer by layer' method I used to be able to solve one in about two minutes I think.

I use the Freidrich method. I've been solving for about 2 years now.

What is speed solving the Rubik's Cube?

Speed solving the Rubik's Cube is the act of solving the Rubik's Cube puzzle as quickly as possible using various techniques and algorithms.

How long does it take to solve the Rubik's Cube?

The world record for solving the Rubik's Cube is currently held by Yusheng Du from China, with a time of 3.47 seconds. However, the average time for a speedcuber to solve the cube is around 10-15 seconds.

What is the method used for speed solving the Rubik's Cube?

The most commonly used method for speed solving the Rubik's Cube is the Fridrich method, also known as CFOP (Cross, F2L, OLL, PLL). This method involves solving the cube layer by layer, with specific algorithms and techniques for each step.

Can anyone learn to speed solve the Rubik's Cube?

Yes, anyone can learn to speed solve the Rubik's Cube with practice and dedication. There are many online tutorials and resources available to help beginners learn the basic techniques and algorithms.

Are there any competitions for speed solving the Rubik's Cube?

Yes, there are many competitions held around the world for speed solving the Rubik's Cube, organized by the World Cube Association. These competitions have various events, including solving the cube blindfolded, with one hand, and with feet.