Terrible Movies We've Seen: Sahra, The Grudge, The Ring

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary: There was a lot of fluff in the movie.In summary, some people hate bad movies, but others love them. Some movies are decent but are overrated, while others are terrible from the get-go but grow on people over time. Some movies are terrible from the get-go and never grow on people. The Rock is one of the worst movies ever made but some people still like it. Brad Pitt's butt was not enough to save Troy from being an awful movie.
honestrosewater said:
No, you didn't.

(Yeah, that was the gist of it.)
Oh yes, I did! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Grease and dirty dancing, were good/ish.
And you're afraid to be seen buying moisturizer? :rofl: Do you sing and dance along when you watch them?

arildno said:
Oh yes, I did! :smile:
Nope, sorry, you didn't. :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
Nope, sorry, you didn't. :tongue2:
You haven't paid for such a long argument.

Deep blue sea. Anything with genetically engineered hyper sharks with noses stronger than a steel door has to be bad.
Open Water. I'll save you the trouble of weatching it- Two people, much water, aah jellyfish, aah sharks, let's cry for half an hour. Oh no we died. Thats all that happens.
Garfield Just... no...

As for an Oddysey remake- I damn well hope they don't murder that like they did to troy. I've spent so long studying that book I'd have to go see it, just to see how it measures up, but I really can't imagine a hollywood version being even close to the book.

arildno said:
You haven't paid for such a long argument.
Yes, I did.

honestrosewater said:
Yes, I did.
No, you didn't.

matthyaouw said:
As for an Oddysey remake- I damn well hope they don't murder that like they did to troy. I've spent so long studying that book I'd have to go see it, just to see how it measures up, but I really can't imagine a hollywood version being even close to the book.
Is there anyone you would trust to make it? I think the people who made Master and Commander would do a great job.

arildno said:
No, you didn't.
Look, I'm not going to argue with you. I did, and that's that.

Even though there are a great many episodes in the Odyssey that would be great on screen, the Penelope character, for instance is a bit too old-fashioned, I think.

After all, how would a modern audience react to a woman sitting at home for 20 years spinning, waiting for her probably dead husband to return, denying herself a new life whereas that rascal is fooling around with all the witches and nymphes he meets?

honestrosewater said:
Look, I'm not going to argue with you. I did, and that's that.
But this isn't an argument.

arildno said:
Even though there are a great many episodes in the Odyssey that would be great on screen, the Penelope character, for instance is a bit too old-fashioned, I think.

After all, how would a modern audience react to a woman sitting at home for 20 years spinning, waiting for her probably dead husband to return, denying herself a new life whereas that rascal is fooling around with all the witches and nymphes he meets?
It's been a while since I read it, but I had a different view of Penelope. I saw her as strong, devoted, and clever. And doesn't Athena urge her on and reassure her? Maybe I should read it again.

arildno said:
But this isn't an argument.
Yes, it is.

the person who says the last word in an argument is the winner?

solved!

And now for something completely different ...

This parrot is dead, this is an ex para ...

Oh no wait this threads about bad movies, War of the worlds sucks like an industrial vacuum cleaner. Now I`hm not very familia with the original, but come on an alien race who have a technology soooooooooo much more advanced that ours, who have been planning to invade for quite some time (they buried their ships) and can`t screen for a common cold! :bugeye: :yuck: :mad:

yomamma said:
solved!
Is not. :cool:

is too! meanie!

honestrosewater said:
Is there anyone you would trust to make it? I think the people who made Master and Commander would do a great job.

I'm not sure. I just think that any remake would probably make Odysseus the perfect macho hero, and downplay his more careful thoughtful side. Perhaps I just have too little faith in the film industry nowadays, but Troy was fairly dire (though saved slightly by Mr Pitt's bum.)

Speaking of which, another not so good film is The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen. I don't even know where to begin saying what's wrong with this film, but the 300ft long submarine in the canals of venice would be a good place to start.

I liked The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen. It's supposed to be far too fantastic for reality, that's the point! Though I'll grant you I'm still trying to figure out how they had a GPS on the Nautilus lol.

the name isn't very creative :rolleyes:

I'd say "The Life Aquatic" is one of my least favourite movies. It was just too weird for my tastes, without any real substance, at least as far as I could tell. And then there is always Jurassic Park 2/3, and "A Series Of Unfortunate Events". And I could do without most anything that has Jack Black in it.

Last edited: