Numerical Fourieri Analysis of a GRB light curve

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
valkyrie
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone,
Ok, my ultimate aim is analysis of gamma ray burst light curves, so i have data which includes count rate in a certain energy range recorded every 64 ms. I would like to apply some kind of discrete, numerical Fourier transform to this long list of data, in order to produce a new graph that tells me something about frequencies present. I'm not at all sure how to go about doing this for a finite list of numbers, since all info i can find on Fourier transforms is in terms of integrals and functions...any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hi Valkyrie,

Send me a private message. What you described is roughly what I do in my research. I need more information before I can help you out. Perhaps we can collaborate.

Best wishes,
Laura