Nvidia's Upcoming GTX 980 Ti: What We Know So Far

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElliotSmith
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Nvidia
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
ElliotSmith
Messages
167
Reaction score
104
Read on a tech website that the next big release of graphics cards from Nvidia is going to be the GTX 980 Ti and should launch sometime in Q2 2015.

Should I wait until the Ti edition of the GTX 980, or should I go ahead and buy the regular 980?

The 980 is only about 5-10% faster than the 780 Ti, but is much more energy efficient and compatible with DX12, which is why they are making a pumped-up version of the 980 to appease the enthusiast GPU market.

Have any technical details about these new cards been released?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The drivers are proprietary.

If you run a linux OS, keeping up with nVidia drivers is a PITA, broke my latest version change two weeks ago.

CPU grafix sux.
 
I'm using Windows 7 HP 64-bit

And for some reason, I no longer receive automatic updates telling me if there are new drivers for me to download.