Obtaining the decuplet of baryon states from one state

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Xico Sim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Baryon State States
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Xico Sim
Messages
43
Reaction score
4
Hi, guys.

If you are given one state of the baryon decuplet (the upper-right state ##\Deltaˆ{++}=uuu##, for instance), you can use the ladder operators to get the other states of the decuplet.
When I apply ##T_-## to uuu and normalizing, I get ##\frac{1}{\sqrt{3}}(duu+udu+uud)##. However, in the decuplet I see ##\Deltaˆ+=uud## instead of ##\frac{1}{\sqrt{3}}(duu+udu+uud)##. Why?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thomson's book: Modern particle physics. vide figure 9.17 on page 235, for instance, and page 227 where he applies the ladder operators to get the states of the center of the meson octet. In my case, I want to get all the decuplet states from one using the ladder operators.
 
Well, as I understand it now, people use ##uud## as written above as an abbreviation...