1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Of the three classes to take, which is best?

1. Apr 15, 2008 #1
    A. Psychology
    B. Literature and Arts
    C. Journalism (Newspaper)

tell me from your perspective which is most beneficial? but of the three, which two are best?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2008 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It'll probably depend on what your major is.

In my experience, I would go for a literature/art/writing course over the other two, with journalism second. Every scientist should be able to read well and know how to write and express themselves correctly, in my opinion. Literature/writing courses can help with this.
  4. Apr 16, 2008 #3
    I would pick A and B :smile:

I personally like Psychology, and Literature was sometimes fun too.
  5. Apr 19, 2008 #4
    Ive taken psychology, and honestly its the best course Ive ever done. I has taught me so much about science and life in general. But the writing courses couldnt hurt you. I havent done them so I dunno.
  6. Apr 19, 2008 #5

Homework Helper

Well, if you ask me. I think the journalism class (if you're a science, engineering or math major) is probably going to be most beneficial since sometimes you'll probably have to express technical ideas in terms understandable to laymen. I don't really see how the other 2 would help.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?