Oh.i just read the forum rules

• Thread starter arduidiot
  • Start date
In summary: Now we don't allow them. In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of not being able to engage in speculative discussions on new ideas, particularly in the field of physics. The moderators have strict rules against such discussions in order to maintain their mission of promoting mainstream science, despite complaints from users. The rules can be found in the "forum feedback" section and the decision to ban speculation was made after previous attempts resulted in confusion and trouble.
arduidiot
wow ok so no discussion of any new ideas or speculative discussion on anything. wow ok i know you guys must get hoarded with every nimrod in 1st year uni that thinks he is special and i understand the frustration it would cause having well basically all of them going nowhere but wow I am sorry putting a ban on any speculation is well it basically means a much worse thing than having to listen to some retard that claims he is "Causing things with his mind using [insert physics term that sounds scary]

Just saying i mean i honestly could not care less but if you're going to shut the door on speculation good luck with getting to postulation.

Physics news on Phys.org
arduidiot said:
wow ok so no discussion of any new ideas or speculative discussion on anything. wow ok i know you guys must get hoarded with every nimrod in 1st year uni that thinks he is special and i understand the frustration it would cause having well basically all of them going nowhere but wow I am sorry putting a ban on any speculation is well it basically means a much worse thing than having to listen to some retard that claims he is "Causing things with his mind using [insert physics term that sounds scary]

Just saying i mean i honestly could not care less but if you're going to shut the door on speculation good luck with getting to postulation.

Them's the rules... Complaining about them is like complaining that you can't order a steak in a vegetarian restaurant; your recourse is to go somewhere else.

If you search the "forum feedback" section you will find many many discussions of why these are the rules.

Likes Evo
Welcome to PF!

Yes we have some strong moderation rules but these are necessary to preserve our mission to help students understand mainstream science. If we allowed it confusion would abound and the site would suffer.

I'm sure there are other websites that do foster speculative science discussion but we are not one of those.

Likes Evo
Nugatory said:
If you search the "forum feedback" section you will find many many discussions of why these are the rules.

Or you can read this:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/speculation/

(under Info > Help/How-To at the top of any page here)

Executive summary: We used to allow speculative discussions. It was more trouble than it was worth.

Likes Evo

What are the forum rules?

The forum rules are a set of guidelines and expectations for behavior and participation on the forum. They are put in place to ensure a respectful and productive environment for all members.

Why is it important to read the forum rules?

Reading the forum rules is important because it helps to prevent misunderstandings and conflicts among members. It also ensures that everyone is aware of the expectations and consequences for breaking the rules.

What happens if I violate the forum rules?

If you violate the forum rules, you may receive a warning or be temporarily or permanently banned from the forum. The severity of the consequences will depend on the specific rule that was violated and the discretion of the forum moderators.

Can I suggest changes to the forum rules?

Yes, you can suggest changes to the forum rules. However, any changes will need to be approved by the forum administrators and may not be implemented immediately.

Where can I find the forum rules?

The forum rules can typically be found in a designated section of the forum website, such as the "Rules" or "FAQ" section. If you are unable to locate the rules, you can contact a forum moderator for assistance.