Online function grapher with downloadable result values?

• Thread starter techniker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Function
In summary, the conversation discusses options for finding a free website to create plots using MATLAB or Octave syntax. One option is octave-online.net, which is open and free, but requires knowledge of MATLAB or Octave syntax. Another option is Wolfram Alpha, which also allows for saving plots but requires a subscription.
techniker
Hi
Anyone knows?
Thanks a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes I think I have to subscribe for price,
anyone knows a free website?

http://octave-online.net/ looks pretty nice, but you need to know MATLAB / Octave syntax. (That is easy to learn, though.) It's open and free and you can save your plots.

EDIT: Actually, you can save your plots in Wolfram Alpha, too. Just move your mouse cursor over the plot and a list of icons appears. One is for saving.

Krylov said:
http://octave-online.net/ looks pretty nice, but you need to know MATLAB / Octave syntax. (That is easy to learn, though.) It's open and free and you can save your plots.

EDIT: Actually, you can save your plots in Wolfram Alpha, too. Just move your mouse cursor over the plot and a list of icons appears. One is for saving.

Thanks a lot
In wolfram I tried the saving icon, it requires subscribing.

1. How does an online function grapher work?

An online function grapher is a computer program that allows users to enter mathematical equations or functions and generate a visual representation of the graph. The graph is created by plotting points that correspond to the input values of the function and connecting them with a line. This process is done using mathematical algorithms and programming techniques.

2. Can I download the results of the graph as numerical values?

Yes, most online function graphers allow users to download the results of the graph as numerical values. This is usually done by exporting the graph as a CSV or Excel file, which can then be opened and manipulated in other programs such as Microsoft Excel.

3. Are there any limitations to the types of functions that can be graphed?

Most online function graphers have the ability to graph a wide range of functions, including polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, and more. However, some graphers may have limitations on the complexity of the functions that can be entered.

4. Can I customize the appearance of the graph?

Yes, online function graphers often have options for customization such as changing the color, style, and thickness of the graph lines, adding gridlines, and labeling axes. Some graphers may also have advanced features like zooming and panning for more precise viewing.

5. Is it possible to save and share the graph I created?

Yes, most online function graphers have the option to save and share the graph. This can be done by generating a unique URL or embedding the graph in a website or document. Some graphers may also have social media sharing options for easy sharing with others.