1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Only took one upper-level QM course.

1. Oct 6, 2014 #1
    I'm beginning the wondrous process of applying to graduate schools. Long story short in my last semester of undergrad stuffs I took Modern Optics instead of taking Quantum Mechanics II. Modern Optics is still a 400 level course but at the time I wasn't considering applying to physics graduate programs, only material science. After a while I realized Oh! I actually want to apply to physics programs for biophysics instead. Sooo because of that decision to not take QM II, I'm wondering how much of a set back that put me in. I know it's not horrendous but I'm just wondering how much the admission councils will look at that as a reason not to admit me.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 12, 2014 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

We can't read the minds of admissions committees, but if you are admitted, you might think about taking the 2nd semester undergrad QM in your first term if the schedules work out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook