Opinions on Accutane? Hear From Those Who Took It

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter l-1j-cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Opinions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
l-1j-cho
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
hi

I will start taking isotretinoin(accutane) this september. My dermatologist suggested this powerful and effective drug before trying any medication. However, as I explore the side effects of this drug, I am really worried about taking this drug.

Has anyone ever taken this drug? How was your experience?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
l-1j-cho said:
My dermatologist suggested this powerful and effective drug before trying any medication.

This doesn't make sense to me, isotretinoin is a medication so taking it "before trying any medication" is nonsensical.

I don't think you will find answers here, we do not provide medical diagnosis on Physics Forums: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=173247 on this basis it would be irresponsible for people to try and give you medical advice when they are not qualified and do not possesses intimate knowledge of your medical circumstances. I would advise that you go and talk to your doctor if you have any concerns.
 
oops I just want to hear other people's story. sorry
 
ryan_m_b said:
This doesn't make sense to me, isotretinoin is a medication so taking it "before trying any medication" is nonsensical.

I.

I meant isotretionin is more like a last resort because of it is surely effective but accompanies with side effects (as in relation to other drugs)
 
l-1j-cho said:
I meant isotretionin is more like a last resort because of it is surely effective but accompanies with side effects (as in relation to other drugs)

Here is a page with detailed information about the drug. Please read it over, and then make an appointment to talk it over with your doctor. Take a copy of the article with you to the appointment, to help you in the discussion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000532/

.
 
Last edited by a moderator: