Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other names for the domain and range-straightening theorems?

1. Jun 18, 2008 #1

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm trying to find the wiki page (if it exists) on the domain-straightening theorem and the range-straightening theorem but searches for those words produce no results.

I've also seen those theorems by the name of "canonical forms for submersion and immersion" (in Gallot-Lafontaine-Hullin), which produces no result either.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2014 #2
    Bumping this thread, because I am in the same situation as the OP, and since I also haven't found anything. Well, I guess the one thing I found was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straightening_theorem_for_vector_fields, but that wasn't quite what I was looking for. I namely stumbled upon this theorem in real analysis, and while it seems similar to what the wikipedia page has there, it's still not the same.

4. Oct 31, 2014 #3

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted