1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other names for the domain and range-straightening theorems?

  1. Jun 18, 2008 #1


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    I'm trying to find the wiki page (if it exists) on the domain-straightening theorem and the range-straightening theorem but searches for those words produce no results.

    I've also seen those theorems by the name of "canonical forms for submersion and immersion" (in Gallot-Lafontaine-Hullin), which produces no result either.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2014 #2
    Bumping this thread, because I am in the same situation as the OP, and since I also haven't found anything. Well, I guess the one thing I found was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straightening_theorem_for_vector_fields, but that wasn't quite what I was looking for. I namely stumbled upon this theorem in real analysis, and while it seems similar to what the wikipedia page has there, it's still not the same.
  4. Oct 31, 2014 #3

    Stephen Tashi

    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook