Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pandora's radio station. MUST READ

1. Nov 27, 2005 #1
    www.pandora.com

If you like music at all, this site is brilliant.

What you do is enter in artists or songs you like into this website, and it will compile a radio station for you that will randomly play songs by the artists you've entered or simmilar to them.

It's so awesome, I'm in love.

I suppose it'd also be a great way to check out bands you're considering buying CD's of, to see if you like a random sampling of their library.

AND IT'S FREE!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2005 #2

ranger

Gold Member

4. Nov 27, 2005 #3
    Instant bookmark :smile:

5. Nov 27, 2005 #4
    And you could also record those songs right off the speaker using some program/s...

6. Nov 27, 2005 #5
    How is this different from www.launch.com

You put in a song, you listen to the song you want to hear, and then it plays songs which sound similar....

7. Nov 27, 2005 #6

ranger

Gold Member

I guess the only difference with Launch and pandora, is that launch has no 10 hr limit.

8. Nov 27, 2005 #7
    I dunno, but I would guess launch isn't as cool. Will launch play Kyuss songs? How about E-40?

<edit>Holy crap... Yahoo has Kyuss and E-40 in their database. That's ridiculous...</edit>

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  9. Nov 27, 2005 #8
    But who's listening to music from one source for 10 hours anyway?

10. Nov 27, 2005 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've used Launch for a few years. After a while, you've built up too many songs to want to change.
    Of course, I don't even know who Kyuss and E-40 are.:redface:

11. Nov 27, 2005 #10

ranger

Gold Member

I was thinking that the 10 hrs is accumalitive.

Neither do I.

12. Nov 27, 2005 #11
    Kyuss is a mellow hard rock band; the Guitarist/singer and Bassist of Queens of the Stone Age were in Kyuss before they formed Queens of the Stone Age. E-40 is a really crazy/creative rapper who made up tons of the slang that all rappers use today.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?