The best thing since sliced bread

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, Pandora is a website that generates personalized radio stations based on a user's chosen band or song. The program may experience errors, but it assures users that it is not their fault. The website has a time limit of 10 hours, but this can be extended by using a proxy. Similar websites, such as Yahoo LaunchCast, offer a wider range of features. Pandora is not illegal as long as they pay royalties for the music being played. Users can continue playing songs indefinitely by clearing their Flash cache.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
http://www.pandora.com/

Enter a band or song you like and it will generate a radio station based on similar sounding music.

Physics news on Phys.org
Everything I have tried so far has resulted in an error. The program tells me that it is not my fault though :smile:edit... ok it is working now, let's test this thing out.

Last edited:
hmmm... its taking its time...

Wow, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing this dduardo.

It only gives you 10 hrs though. I guess you could beat that by using a proxy.

Yahoo LaunchCast does this (http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/ ) and a lot more. I like it much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought music radio stations on the web were illegal. What's up with pandora? Are all of them anti-legal?

It isn't illegal to have a radio station if your paying royalties, which is exactly what they are doing.

Btw, if you clear your Flash cache you can continue to play songs forever.

This is fantastic! Thanks!

FAQ: The best thing since sliced bread

What is "the best thing since sliced bread"?

"The best thing since sliced bread" is an idiom that is used to describe something that is considered to be extremely useful or innovative, often surpassing previous inventions or advancements.

When was sliced bread invented?

Sliced bread was invented in 1928 by Otto Frederick Rohwedder, a jeweler from Iowa. However, it wasn't until the 1930s that this invention became popular and widely available.

Why is sliced bread considered such an important invention?

Sliced bread revolutionized the way people consumed bread, making it easier and more convenient. Before sliced bread, people had to slice their own bread, which could be time-consuming and messy. Sliced bread also helped to preserve the freshness and quality of bread for a longer period of time.

What other inventions are commonly compared to sliced bread?

Some common inventions that are compared to sliced bread include the wheel, the lightbulb, the telephone, and the internet. These inventions have also greatly impacted and improved the way people live and function in society.

Is sliced bread the best invention of all time?

This is a subjective question and can vary from person to person. While sliced bread is considered a significant and influential invention, there are many other inventions that have had a major impact on society and are also highly valued. Ultimately, it is a matter of personal opinion.