Famous Quote: "Paranoia is Just a Higher Awareness of Reality"

In summary: Paranoia is not a higher awareness of reality, it is a stronger reaction to reality, an over reaction. it is when your mind takes the circumstances entirely out of proportion. You are not more aware as you are not seeing things as they really are.The human condition has a reserve of energy to use in it's daily existence. Paranoia focuses a greater reserve of that energy in a area which has no reality except that we give it. Balance your life with exercise, right food, right action, right expression. There will be no paranoia. The energies will be rerouted to these areas of action the that river will shrink into a stream and maybe become a dry river bed. Your energy may be expressed in any way
PRodQuanta
I've heard this before, and was wondering what everybody thought of it:

"Paranoia is just a higher awareness of reality."

Your thoughts.

Paden Roder

Physics news on Phys.org
PRodQuanta said:

"Paranoia is just a higher awareness of reality."

Your thoughts.

Paden Roder

I've also heard "paranoia will destroya".

I don't think paranoia is a higher awareness of reality, since paranoia typically describes behaviour about something that isn't there, or isn't real.

Paranoia is a delusion, an overly exaggerated fantasy. If anything it is a lower awareness, or a false-awareness of reality.

PRodQuanta said:

Your thoughts.

Paden Roder

It depends on what your definition of reality is, and if everyone is defining it in the same way

It depends.

Paranoia is a state of being non-colinear(not in a line) to percieving the environments geometry or Points, lines, and planes. That a set of people are aware of.

Could happen. But who would I believe in such a situation ? Questions, questions. Tsk. :rofl:

You know, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really out to get you.
To me it's when a person is highly cautious plus their imagination is working against them to create extra threat possibilities that are extremely improbable except to someone who sees the world as they do to others which in this case is they were probably a really good person once and something defenitely unfair happened to them and they made an emotional decision that the world is all about do unto others before they do unto you, in effect one's imagination becomes a threat and out of control due to an alteration in one's perception of the world, that if I seek to do harm to others then they probably seek to do harm to me for fun or gain, well that is sometimes true but it doesn't mean I have to go down to their level, probably there's a lot more to it and this is just one aspect of it.

In the movie; Assassination Tango, was the lead character in fact paranoid?

To determine whether someone is paranoid or not effectively requires knowledge of whether their fears are actually valid.

Nobody can be 0% or 100% sure that the claims of an individual are valid. Therefore, in my opinion, paranoia levels are fuzzy and not discrete. Until you can know everything that is happening in the life of an individual, you cannot do better than offer a fuzzy estimate of the truth value of their claims.

-Ray.

An optimist is someone who believes this is the best of all possible worlds, and a pessimist is someone who's afraid they are right.

Anonymous

Paranoia is not a higher awareness of reality at all, it is a stronger reaction to reality, an over reaction. it is when your mind takes the circumstances entirely out of proportion. You are not more aware as you are not seeing things as they really are.

The human condition has a reserve of energy to use in it's daily existence. Paranoia focuses a greater reserve of that energy in a area which has no reality except that we give it. Balance your life with exercise, right food, right action, right expression. There will be no paranoia. The energies will be rerouted to these areas of action the that river will shrink into a stream and maybe become a dry river bed. Your energy may be expressed in any way, gaurd on how you express it, if you believe you have choice then make one when you are high so when you go low you will have dug a trench where the water may flow when it rains. If you do not heed my words, you will live them. You do not have to understand them, but they are true and will affect your life as much as words which are not but are also heeded. Better to understand for yourself, an you will need no ones words.

wuliheron said:
An optimist is someone who believes this is the best of all possible worlds, and a pessimist is someone who's afraid they are right.

Anonymous
And the truth is no doubt somewhere in the middle. :wink:

Paranoia is a disease of bad people or very good-hearted ones, who feel they are being cheated.

I suffer from boats of paranoia.

It is a disorganization in sensory information processing.

Is "paranoism" a branch of philosophy or does it lead to a higher awareness ?

1. What does the quote "Paranoia is Just a Higher Awareness of Reality" mean?

The quote means that being paranoid can actually be a heightened sense of awareness and understanding of the reality of a situation.

2. Who said the famous quote "Paranoia is Just a Higher Awareness of Reality"?

The quote is often attributed to American author and philosopher, Philip K. Dick.

3. What inspired the author to say this quote?

Philip K. Dick struggled with mental health issues and paranoia throughout his life, and his experiences likely influenced this quote.

4. Is there any evidence to support the idea that paranoia can be a higher awareness of reality?

Some researchers have found evidence to suggest that people with paranoid thoughts may actually have a more accurate perception of reality, but this is not always the case and more research is needed.

5. How can this quote be applied to everyday life?

This quote can serve as a reminder to not dismiss paranoid thoughts or feelings, but to analyze them critically and see if there is any truth to them. It can also encourage individuals to be more aware and observant of their surroundings.