Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pdflatex "file not found" texlive

1. Jun 4, 2015 #1
    Hello, I'm sorry to burden you with this question it's probably been asked a thousand times, but no matter where I look on the net I can't find a solution.

I have texlive, I wrote the tex document, and saved it, I tried running the tex command line and using pdflatex command but it keeps saying it can't find the file, how exactly do I write the parameters? I've tried

pdflattex Tutorial One.tex

-> file not found

pdflattex c:\Windows\Users\XATJEFFMK64\Desktop\Projects\Tuto rial one.tex

-> file not found.

I just want to write tex documents and turn them into pdf's so I can upload tutorials onto my website, can someone give me a very clear and concise way of doing this? frown.png

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2015 #2
    I'm not really familiar with the TexLive (I use TeXWorks), but have you tried compiling your .tex document?

4. Jun 5, 2015 #3
    I think the problem is the blank space as part of the name...you need to enclose the entire name into (single or double) quotes two indicate that the two separate strings actually are a single entity, value.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook