PF Giving $100 to charity. You choose which Vote now

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date

PF donates $100 to which charity?

  • American Humane Association

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Helen Keller Worldwide

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Forests

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Habitat for Humanity International

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Operation Homefront

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alzheimer's Association

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • American Red Cross

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Ronald McDonald House

    Votes: 5 13.9%

  • Total voters
    36
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
26 replies · 6K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,121
It's simple! PF is giving $100 to charity of the community's choice! Voting ends Friday 20th! We'll send in the donation Monday the 23rd. Maybe we can get some members to match :)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A brilliant idea :!)

I voted Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America !
 
My wife and I support our local Humane Society, so I picked that. We also budget for donations to the Salvation Army (much larger donations) but that was not a choice in the poll, or I would have gone for them.
 
Last edited:
I'd donate for the research against AIDS... is there an option that does it?
 
I went with Habitat for Humanity, one of my favorite charities.

Personally I give to World Vision and our local food bank.
 
I figure third world countries need our help far more than anything or anyone in our first world countries.
 
When you say $100 dollars to Ronald McDonald House, that isn't some covert term for you dining out in McD's for a week?
 
My grandad had Alzheimers at the end of his life, so that's where my vote goes. I really hope they find a cure because it is truly a dreadful illness.

This is a really nice idea, Greg :smile:
 
How about giving $100 to all nine. :approve:
 
cristo said:
My grandad had Alzheimers at the end of his life, so that's where my vote goes. I really hope they find a cure because it is truly a dreadful illness

Same here but a grandmother.
 
JaredJames said:
When you say $100 dollars to Ronald McDonald House, that isn't some covert term for you dining out in McD's for a week?

RMH (formerly RMCC - Ronald McDonald's Children's Charities) provides short-term housing for families with children undergoing treatment in distant hospitals.
 
Astronuc said:
How about giving $100 to all nine. :approve:

Not clear on Greg's Matching Program and I can't afford 100.00, however I can buddy up to match 100.00 with someone who is making a donation. I don't need the details about donation buddy.
Or should we donate Gold memberships?
 
I voted Ronald McDonald House. Sick kids break my heart. Any amount of comfort that can given to sick kids is worth it.
 
Lacy33 said:
Not clear on Greg's Matching Program and I can't afford 100.00, however I can buddy up to match 100.00 with someone who is making a donation. I don't need the details about donation buddy.
Or should we donate Gold memberships?

I think the idea is you nominate a charity it goes to, no donation required.
 
JaredJames said:
I think the idea is you nominate a charity it goes to, no donation required.

Thanks Jared, I did that.
 
cristo said:
My grandad had Alzheimers at the end of his life, so that's where my vote goes. I really hope they find a cure because it is truly a dreadful illness.

This is a really nice idea, Greg :smile:

dlgoff said:
Same here but a grandmother.

I lost my grandma too to alzheimer's...sigh.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
After a long shipping delay (i bought a charitygiftcertificates.org giftcard) I have finally designated the $100 to the Alzheimer's Association. Thanks all!

And here I thought you were going to tell us you'd forgotten.


What? What??

Come on, you were thinkin' it!