1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF hardware/software problems?

1. May 10, 2008 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

That's not for the first time that I see such a situation. It happened about half an hour ago, or something. I was not able to see the forums (databasae error was reported) for some time, after that unread pointers were reset - I mean, when I clicked New Posts list was empty, which was obviously wrong, as I have been sleeping for the last 8 hours.

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2008 #2
    Unless the error persists I don't see a problem. Sometimes mysql hiccups. Maybe this was early in the morning during a backup.

4. Jun 6, 2008 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

What time is the forum maintenance done? Looks like the problem occurs around 9 a.m. here (something like GMT-1), not every day, but I see it now and then. Today around my 9 a.m. I got database error several times, but it didn't reset unread pointers.

5. Jun 6, 2008 #4
    yes that is the time

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?