Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Bad Picture 3 (8/2-8/8)

1. Aug 2, 2008 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Bad Picture 3

This theme has always been one of our more popular theme. Find a photo that you took that is really bad. This degree of "badness" can be due to fuzzyness, underexposure, overexposure, etc. Any picture that it technically bad qualifies.

NOTE: You cannot use pictures that have been purposely taken to have a poor quality. These must have been taken accidentally and not on purpose to be bad. It is reemphasized that digital manipulation of the pictures are not allowed in the PF Photo Contest.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2008 #2
    Eh, running out of topics?

4. Aug 2, 2008 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Love this topic! I have soooo many pics to choose from :rolleyes::wink:....

5. Aug 2, 2008 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Aug 2, 2008 #5

turbo

Gold Member

Ooh! Where to start?

7. Aug 2, 2008 #6
    I'd enter if it were a real contest, and if I had any photos that fit, but I GET RID OF my bad ones...

8. Aug 2, 2008 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

OMG!!!!!!

I have so many bad pictures, I don't know which one to choose.

9. Aug 2, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have to see if I deleted all the really bad ones already. I might still have some lingering from recent photo attempts (while in HI, I tried playing with macro settings, and was fairly unsuccessful, getting great big blurs...I think I deleted them, but you never know...but I figured out some of my errors along the way and am getting better at using that feature now).

10. Aug 2, 2008 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think this should qualify as a bad picture: the idea was nice, however the way it turned out.. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

11. Aug 2, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

Cute couple, apart from the ornament-induced nose-inflation!:rofl:

12. Aug 2, 2008 #11
  13. Aug 2, 2008 #12

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl::rofl:...love it...that is so damn funny, larkspur...:rofl::rofl:

14. Aug 2, 2008 #13
    Glad it makes you laugh lisab! :rofl:
    It was a toss up between that one or this one.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  15. Aug 2, 2008 #14

turbo

Gold Member

Here is a picture of an incredibly beautiful and well-camouflaged beetle on a sunflower blossom. I liked the picture so well that I failed to delete it (Die! Die! Die!)
    [​IMG]

16. Aug 2, 2008 #15

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I'll have to browse scanned negatives. All digital images that I consider bad are deleted immediately.

17. Aug 2, 2008 #16
    Oh nuts, I have a bad habit of deleting the bad ones.:smile:

18. Aug 2, 2008 #17
    I found this one. It was supposed to be pic of a train crossing a flooded railroad bridge. A big wave had hit the river bank and I was backpeddling like crazy as I snapped the shutter.

[​IMG]

19. Aug 2, 2008 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This should definitely qualify! It gave me vertigo just opening it to resize it. :yuck:
    [​IMG]

It was an attempt to get a photo of a butterfly when I stopped in the scenic lookout area for the New River Bridge. There were lots of butterflies and bees, so I decided to play with camera settings to see if I could photograph them. Obviously, this was one of the wrong ones. :yuck:

20. Aug 2, 2008 #19
  21. Aug 3, 2008 #20
    Eh, Holocene? Yeah its a little fuzzy cause it was a longer exposure, but its not THAT bad...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?