PF PHOTO CONTEST - Bad Picture 3 (8/2-8/8)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
83 replies · 10K views
turbo-1 said:
Evo, why are the animals glowing with bright devil-eyes? Was this place near Love Canal or Three Mile Island?
I don't get why the eyes are glowing. As you can see in the other picture I linked to, it was broad daylight.

It's obvious that the bunny is putting out evil greenish rays aimed at the squirrel, and the red object is some demonic force, you can just barely see the life force of the squirrel next to the rabbit. The squirrel jumping in from the left was apparently vaporized before he landed as he is not in the next shot.

I wonder if I should post this on some paranormal websites and ask people to interpret the photo, explaining that the hair on the back of my neck was standing up and I could just feel this dark, oppresive presence as I was snapping the picture? :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
It's cool...at first it's just blur, but as you stare for a while the bunny and squirrel come through like ghosts...<squint!>...I can only make out one squirrel...

OMG! You're right! If you squint, you can see the squirrel and bunny in the middle. Is there another squirrel mid-leap to the far left? That's a pretty amazing bad photo (as opposed to an amazingLY bad photo). :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
I wonder if I should post this on some paranormal websites and ask people to interpret the photo, explaining that the hair on the back of my neck was standing up and I could just feel this dark, oppresive presence as I was snapping the picture? :-p

:smile: You could tell them you were able to capture their auras, one a bright green one, and another all red and diffuse. Ask them what it means. :smile:
 
rewebster said:
bad?----that is ONE INTERESTING photo, there, bud------that could win some photo contest

hehe, thanks bud :)
that's really funny, though - well, ZapperZ, please let me know if I should submit another picture
 
Moonbear said:
:smile: You could tell them you were able to capture their auras, one a bright green one, and another all red and diffuse. Ask them what it means. :smile:
OMG! They were attuning their chakras, as wild animals often do, and you caught them at it.
 
turbo-1 said:
OMG! They were attuning their chakras, as wild animals often do, and you caught them at it.
Well, I do live on ancient Indian lands...
 
GeorginaS said:
So far the "bad" photos containing lights are incredible images. :biggrin:



:smile:

yeah--esp. ~christina~ 's


Evo---that's probably the worst or best 'bad' photo so far
 
Alex:) said:
hehe, thanks bud :)
that's really funny, though - well, ZapperZ, please let me know if I should submit another picture

I must admit that I don't see any thing "bad" with regards to the quality of the picture. So I'm not sure how well it fits in with the theme. Ultimately, it is up to the members who will vote to decide. So you may, if you want, keep it, or remove it and resubmit.

Zz.
 
IMG_9141.jpg


Zz.
 
Everyone has such "pretty" bad pictures. You know I can't resist "bling".

Nice one Zz!
 
Evo said:
Everyone has such "pretty" bad pictures. You know I can't resist "bling".

Nice one Zz!

You just like it because it's a candy float! :)

Zz.
 
Photo34.jpg


This one is not as good (as bad) as many others, however, I have no idea how I managed to make it moved or not perfectly sharp. It was a sunny day (short time), it was short focus (huge dof), it is impossible to make such picture unsharp - yet I did it :frown:
 
Kurdt said:
That cloud is superman.
It is!
 
Borek's photo: I thought it was a swimmer doing the backstroke


Z--that photo almost gives me a headache---it has some things like a time exposure (the light streaks), some like a strobe (the double imaging), and then the people and the background are in focus----then those circular bands around the engine are the really the funny things that I look back to, and the headache starts over
 
Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
I must admit that I don't see any thing "bad" with regards to the quality of the picture. So I'm not sure how well it fits in with the theme. Ultimately, it is up to the members who will vote to decide. So you may, if you want, keep it, or remove it and resubmit.

Zz.

Got it! You guys are looking for bad quality - you'll get it!
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3827/policeqs6.jpg
one of the pictures in my cell phone (nearly every one from there will do for this contest though) - over 5 police vehicles all together is rather rare in this small city :) (that's all our police department has, I guess!)

P.S. ZapperZ, could you please erase the previous picture from here https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1823174&postcount=35 ? I don't seem to have access for editing the post anymore...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Alex:) said:
Got it! You guys are looking for bad quality - you'll get it!

one of the pictures in my cell phone (nearly every one from there will do for this contest though) - over 5 police vehicles all together is rather rare in this small city :) (that's all our police department has, I guess!)

Aahhh...now we're talking. That's a nice 'bad' shot - interesting!
 
Kurdt said:
That cloud is superman.

Evo said:
It is!

ZapperZ said:
It is?! I see no cape and red tight shorts!

turbo-1 said:
Maybe Underdog?

rewebster said:
I thought it was a swimmer doing the backstroke

This picture was taken on the same day my cloud from the Cloud Nine competition was shot, they are about an hour apart. But these are completely different coluds.
 
You have roughly 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest - with or without tight red trunks!

:)

Zz.
 
Great Crested Grebe

foutefuut.jpg


Camera FZ8, preset on 100 iso to reduce noise hence a slow shutter speed. At exactly this moment it decided to dive in.
 
Kurdt said:
The far left there is one squirrel leaping in Lisa.

Isn't anyone else disturbed by this? Isn't someone going to help Lisa?
 
tribdog said:
Isn't anyone else disturbed by this? Isn't someone going to help Lisa?
Mental image of creature emerging from crew-member in Alien. :eek: