PF PHOTO CONTEST - Bad Picture 3 (8/2-8/8)
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
83 replies · 10K views
Physics news on Phys.org
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
lisab said:Isn't it funny that several of these 'bad' shots involve cats? Dang felines - notoriously uncooperative!
I know! They're notorious for not playing along. Lie on the floor to be at an even level with them and what do they do? They come over to you to see what you're doing. The nerve. And! You'd at least think they'd have the courtesy to learn English.
Also, unlike dogs who, when told to "stay" tend to do just that. Cats? pfft.
Borek said:Perhaps you don't take enough butterfly pictures, I am deleting hundreds of similar things![]()
You're right. I can't spot a blurry butterfly in a photograph because I don't take enough pictures of them. You caught me.
Alex:)
[picture removed by request]
I hit and displaced the tripod while moving around the red flashlight :)
bad enough?
I hit and displaced the tripod while moving around the red flashlight :)
bad enough?
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Ok, I have a bad angle picture of the fruit bat along the lines of larkspur's picture, and some really out of focus ones, but I have an eerie alien rabbit giving off green rays and a spectoral squirrel in mid air in one photo along with weird lights. I have no idea how it happened since the next shot just shows a perfectly normal landscape.
Which do you guys want?
I don't think the alien bunny is winning material but it's weird.
Which do you guys want?
I don't think the alien bunny is winning material but it's weird.
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Alex:) said:http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5521/dsc01518yw3.jpg
I hit and displaced the tripod while moving around the red flashlight :)
bad enough?
bad?----that is ONE INTERESTING photo, there, bud------that could win some photo contest
Last edited by a moderator:
Andre
- 4,296
- 73
Evo said:Ok, I have a bad angle picture of the fruit bat along the lines of larkspur's picture, and some really out of focus ones, but I have an eerie alien rabbit giving off green rays and a spectoral squirrel in mid air in one photo along with weird lights. I have no idea how it happened since the next shot just shows a perfectly normal landscape.
Which do you guys want?
I don't think the alien bunny is winning material but it's weird.
Bad angles are not uncommon but weird aliens are definitely original. So that's what I would vote for.
Zenparticle
- 46
- 0
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Borek said:Do I understand correctly that Zenparticle shot is so bad it even doesn't exist?
I have several similar shots on my negatives - just an empty space.
Maybe it's a picture of an "X". If so, it's a pretty good shot, and probably doesn't qualify for this contest.
Zenparticle
- 46
- 0
Honestly you guys can't see it? I can...
Zenparticle
- 46
- 0
Ok this is strange no I don't see anything either, but I saw it when i logged on- I was using picasa let me try and fix that sorry!
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I'm not even getting an "X" - just a blank post with no characters, no image, nada.
Zenparticle
- 46
- 0
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9756/picture082pk0.jpg
Hope you can see this one!
Hope you can see this one!
Last edited by a moderator:
~christina~
Gold Member
- 714
- 0
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7330/e314152e1445dd4502db9a4kd5.jpg
I was in the car and the car moved when I was trying to take a picture.
I was in the car and the car moved when I was trying to take a picture.
Last edited by a moderator:
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
So far the "bad" photos containing lights are incredible images. 

Borek said:No idea what is bad about this picture - these are not its glasses?
Last edited:
~christina~
Gold Member
- 714
- 0
Borek said:Great one!
But no "badiness" if you ask meThis one will better fit "city lights" or "light in motion".
Actually it's bad because I didn't get the picture I wanted and it wasn't supposed to be streaky.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Those are all beautiful pictures!
Ok, mine is really BAD, in about as bad as a picture can get. I was told that it's like one of those old "Magic Eye" pictures where you don't see anything until after you stare at it a bit.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/417/camerapictures295ae1.jpg
The picture has a rabbit and two squirrels. See if you can find them. Here is the link to the picture I snapped 3 seconds after this one if you want to see what the picture was of.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1823921&postcount=237
Ok, mine is really BAD, in about as bad as a picture can get. I was told that it's like one of those old "Magic Eye" pictures where you don't see anything until after you stare at it a bit.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/417/camerapictures295ae1.jpg
The picture has a rabbit and two squirrels. See if you can find them. Here is the link to the picture I snapped 3 seconds after this one if you want to see what the picture was of.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1823921&postcount=237
Last edited by a moderator:
Andre
- 4,296
- 73
What a beautiful bad picture Christina.
And erm
Evo, I though this was a photo contest, isn't it. How did you get a hold of that excellent top painting of Barnett Newman from his grey period (1961-1964), called "Who is afraid of grey red and white". 
And erm
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Evo said:Those are all beautiful pictures!
Ok, mine is really BAD, in about as bad as a picture can get. I was told that it's like one of those old "Magic Eye" pictures where you don't see anything until after you stare at it a bit.
The picture has a rabbit and two squirrels. See if you can find them. Here is the link to the picture I snapped 3 seconds after this one if you want to see what the picture was of.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1823921&postcount=237
It's cool...at first it's just blur, but as you stare for a while the bunny and squirrel come through like ghosts...<squint!>...I can only make out one squirrel...
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
The other squirrel is jumping into the frame from the left. Excellent action shot Evo. Disqualified!
Math Jeans
- 347
- 0
I have these pictures of a cave from China in which the water dropping in the cave kept being focused by my camera instead of the scenery that I was trying to capture. Its a shame that I deleted them. The memory card on our camera is so small.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Evo, why are the animals glowing with bright devil-eyes? Was this place near Love Canal or Three Mile Island?