PF PHOTO CONTEST - Going 'Round In Circles (9/20-9/26)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 5K views
turbo-1 said:
Zz, Photobucket is not only up almost all the time, they seem to be offering all kinds of flexibility to users. I dumped Image Shack a couple of years ago and never looked back.

I have used Photobucket and have an account on it for the past 2 years. I use both of them.

Zz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
I have used Photobucket and have an account on it for the past 2 years. I use both of them.

Zz.
I started with Image Shack, and things were just OK. Then I started loading stuff on Photo Bucket and comparing. I'm a bit (OK, maybe a lot) geeky regarding load-times, server up-time etc, and after comparing, I went with PB. I still have a stale IS account active, but I don't use it. My nieces and nephews (and young brother) have been producing babies pretty regularly, so it's nice to be able to email some dependable image links to them (I take a LOT of shots when they visit with the kids).
 
A few years ago I was out in my back yard and noticed this star nearby. Couldn't have been much more than 1 a.u. away, so I snapped a few quick shots while I had the chance.

Sun-3746_640x480.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Done. Thanks for the notice, hypatia. Wish it could have stayed. It was a good picture.

Zz.

Thanks. What really made me think he had taken it was the disembodied feet on the top of the photo. I have a whole collection of photos he took, with varies body parts showing.
 
I think my favorite contests are the ones like this one where everyone gets a bit more creative in interpreting the rules.
 
in_circles.jpg


In my backyard. This winter it will become CO2 which will find its way into wood that I will put in my backyard next year. The circle will then close.
 
Okay, sometimes people CAN get a bit too creative in interpreting the rules.
 
If you remove description, you still see circles, that's not accidental :wink:

But I agree - individual interpretation and creativity are the best part of these contests.
 
Redbelly

How on EARTH did you get a photo of a star that CLOSE to us?

Completely kidding. Great photo, something I would like to learn how to do someday, but I need $$ for filters I would imagine...

And really, great photos from everyone. This is fun to see how we all interpret the theme.