PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait (dec 6th-13th)

  • Thread starter Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
72 replies · 10K views
Redbelly98 said:
Didja get a picture? :biggrin:

I'm afraid not, haha. If i did, I am sure it would win the PF photo contest :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
176.jpg


Not very original in its idea, but it's the only one I got of myself while recently on vacation.
 
Last edited:
Bare feet and palm trees, life don't get much better then that Georgina.
 
Yes, and now I'm back up to my backside in snow. I could take a picture now for contrast.
 
Cyrus said:
My camera and I :cry: :cry:

No, "Me and my camera." was correct. There is an implied "This is..." before it, therefore it is the object of the sentence. "Me" is the objective form, so is correct. "My camera and I" would be used as the subject of a sentence.
 
Cyrus said:
My camera and I :cry: :cry:

It depends.

"a picture of me and camera" is correct, while "a picture of my camera and I" is incorrect.
 
Cyrus said:
I'll never understand anglish. :(

it's Me'll never understand anglish.
 
NeoDevin beat me.
Cyrus said:
I'll never understand anglish. :(

Rule of thumb for deciding between a subject (I) and an object (me): take the other stuff out (in this case, "my camera"); whichever of "I" or "me" works without the other stuff also works with the other stuff.

The pizza was eaten by Pareesa and me. Pareesa and I ate the pizza.
 
Classic "Cheers" TV exchange:

Diane -- "Methinks he doth protest too much!"

Woody -- "(smirking) Shouldn't that be 'I thinks' Ms. Chambers?"

Diane -- "Not in your case, Woody."

:smile:
 
moe darklight said:
it's Me'll never understand anglish.

Furthermore, it should be "Me'll ne'er unnerstand anglish."


I too am attempting to get a pic...It will be VERY unoriginal. Mainly it'll give a more updated pic of me, and something I can use for Myspace (I currently only use my photography, which is a little strange, "Hello picture of a coastline" lol)
 
brewnog said:
Lizardiser lizardiser you're a lizardiser baby
You, you you are, you, you you are
Lizardiser lizardiser lizardiser (lizadiser)...



Daft bint, got that song stuck right in my head now!

Phew! Glad that it's not Lisardiser in British accent:smile:
 
Chi Meson said:
Taken by the Mac Book:
Photo608.jpg

Ah Ha the old add some cute kids trick. :biggrin: It is a wonderful picture Chi
 
Greetings, from the Land of the Giants.

http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/me.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
matthyaouw said:
3102516404_a13e239919.jpg

yo.

This is like one of those "Don't Do Drugs" or "I have Aids" ads on the side of the Metrobus! Dramatico. :smile:
 
matthyaouw said:
3102516404_a13e239919.jpg

yo.

You look EXACTLY like Jack, the genetically enhanced (crazy) guy from Deep Space 9.
 
Cyrus said:
This is like one of those "Don't Do Drugs" or "I have Aids" ads on the side of the Metrobus! Dramatico. :smile:

Don't do drugs, you'll end up like me!
I think that'd get throgh to the kids of today, don't you? :biggrin:
 
Borek said:
Please don't substitute Brad Pitt pictures for your own, that's against contest rules.
It appears to be a photoshop of Pitt and DiCaprio.
 
neutrino said:
It appears to be a photoshop of Pitt and DiCaprio.

Which makes it even more against contest rules.
 
And had you entered your avatar, assuming it wasn't taken by someone else, it too would not have made the cut because it would have been picture of a partying Barrichello (with a moustache). :biggrin:
 
If you say so... I am much skinnier than Rubinio.

But the main problem is - this picture was taken by someone else.

My autoportret is slowly brewing. 4 phases out of 5 are ready, it is just waiting for the final touch.
 
Best hurry! Tomorrow the voting starts (possibly quite early as I may not be able to get online later)