PF PHOTO CONTEST - Summer Holidays (aug 22-28)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
45 replies · 7K views
Greg, can you post your pic in IMG tags? I can't post attachments to the voting thread.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
That looks great, Maroc...must have been impressive standing under it!

more than great, It was Amazing!
 
Nice entries guys. Junglebeast, I really like yours. It's so unusual. Not the norm. I like Binzing's cascade of sand too. That's a gorgeous scene Borek. And Maroc, I'm glad you managed to sort your entry out. It looks really imposing from that angle.

I've just got back from a couple of nights in Whitby, North Yorkshire and have a couple of potential entries from there. My first choice features a friend so I'm waiting for her to OK it before showing the world her picture.
 
I must admit my picture looks much better when seen large (like 1280x1024 on my monitor) and the effect depends on the brightness. I have two monitor setup here, and the difference - while barely visible in my normal work with text/programming - is huge. Slightly darker version looks completely from the other world.

Have you spotted four birds on the picture, just in the center? :smile:
 
Borek said:
I must admit my picture looks much better when seen large (like 1280x1024 on my monitor) and the effect depends on the brightness. I have two monitor setup here, and the difference - while barely visible in my normal work with text/programming - is huge. Slightly darker version looks completely from the other world.

Have you spotted four birds on the picture, just in the center? :smile:

I believe it...it's a major annoyance for me, because presentation makes such a huge difference I think...even a "minor" adjustment like 800 down to 640 can sometimes seem to turn gold into ****

Anyway, I found all 7 birds ;)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3143/birdsw.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why not give a text link to a larger version? I'd love to see how they look big
 
It does look much better at that size. Great shot.
 
marzena_summer_holidays.jpg


Sand-bank on Vistula River.
 
Servizio Gondole on a tiny Venetian canal.

n1311290497_181946_5835.jpg


- Warren
 
You have got my vote as well. Right up there with junglebeast.
 
junglebeast said:
Borek, very nice composition on that one. I like it much more than the previous

Funny. Junior just said the opposite :smile:
 
holidays.jpg

Ok here's my offering. Taken one evening this week on a short break to the seaside.
 
Aw, I just came back from a holiday today, but these pictures look great!