Phase Shift vs Phase Shift Keying

• Thread starter bonfiree
  • Start date
Respected Friends !

I want to know the relationship between Phase Shift (PS) and Phase Shift Keying (PSK). Please can anyone help me.

Thank You

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Respected Friends !

I want to know the relationship between Phase Shift (PS) and Phase Shift Keying (PSK). Please can anyone help me.

Thank You
Welcome to the PF.

Phase shift is just a general term, unless you've seen differently in some context. PSK is a form of modulation, used to transfer information over a communication channel. What reading have you done to learn about PSK?

Thank You for Reply Friend.

I only know that PSK is a used for digital to analog modulation and according to different bits they adjust different phase like for 0 Phase 0, for bit 1 Phase 180 etc

I don't know about the relationship between Phase shift and Phase Shift keying, Can you please help me in detail.

Can you tell me from where I can get detail about it.

berkeman
Mentor
Thank You for Reply Friend.

I only know that PSK is a used for digital to analog modulation and according to different bits they adjust different phase like for 0 Phase 0, for bit 1 Phase 180 etc

I don't know about the relationship between Phase shift and Phase Shift keying, Can you please help me in detail.
You can read introductory material about PSK here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_shift_keying

The term "phase shift" in general just means a signal whose phase is shifting by some amount and in some direction over time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_shift#Phase_shift

Thank You.:)

@ berkeman

Thank You friend, my study on this topic is completed and now I am able to work on it.

Thank You