Philosophy and history forums recommendation

I have only found so far on the web forums about physics and math.

I have questions about philosophy and history that I would like to ask.

Does anyone know of good webforums where I can do that? (Since that's forbidden on here :wink:)

Answers and Replies

Oh, all of a sudden a list of such forums and even a list of Quora recommendations show up in my Google Search.

This must be due to my browser being set up for search within my country's domain.

Evo
Mentor
We have a History forum here https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/art-music-history-and-linguistics.20/

We no longer host Philosophy due to the number of people that post without any actual Philosophy learning, they think that any thought they have classifies as "Philosophy" and we ALWAYS end up with a huge mess.

Please feel free to read and post in our History forum, you will find many great and enlightening posts as well as links to vetted History related resources.

This thread is locked as it has been answered.

Likes bhobba
Just to add some further detail. History of science can be discussed in the various sub-forums - not just the one above. Many physics books discuss the history and philosophy of science in an integrated manner such as a book I read recently called The Philosopher and The Physicist that discussed a now long forgotten debate between the philosopher Bergson and Einstein. It was very famous at the time, and was a reason why Einstein did not get a Nobel Prize for relativity. Pointing that out is on topic, but the actual philosophy itself is not. It can be a bit tricky so if in doubt check with a mentor. The answer here BTW was the philosophy was no longer relevant as our modern understanding of relativity made it redundant.

Thanks
Bill

Likes Evo