Photo contest Nov 26-Dec 2: snow and ice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    photo contest
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
Andy Resnick said:
Yawn- that joke got stale 20 years ago... :)
I know, but it's still fun. My river may be polluted, but at least it doesn't burn.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
I know, but it's still fun. My river may be polluted, but at least it doesn't burn.

Yeah, Maine is definitely a boring state... :)
 
This was a shock when I looked out of the window this morning:

oanp7k.jpg


The whole area is now at a standstill and all schools are closed for "health and safety" reasons. When I lived in Sweden, life would have carried on as usual but here in the south of England they don't consider it worth investing much in snow-clearing equipment (except on the most major roads) because it would hardly ever be used.
 
Ugh, how did I miss this? I've got zillions of pics of snow and ice :(