Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
113 replies · 41K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 32,819
- 4,724
Jeff Reid said:That wasn't a submission, only the first picture. The rules stated only one submission per member. The second photo was just an example of green eyes. I'll resize it though.
OK, then since this has occurred for the 2nd time, I'll add to the rules that ONLY photo submission can be the ones displayed in this thread. It is a tedious process to collect all the links and get them in order for the votes. It doesn't help when there are photos being displayed that are not to be included in the contest.
So please restrict pictures being displayed in the contest threads as being the ones for the contest.
Zz.
J77
- 1,092
- 1
0TheSwerve0 said:Do you live in Africa?!
Nah - they were at an open sanctuary.
Like Jurassic Park for Monkeys and Apes
Burnsys
- 72
- 0
Two of my cats.
Mother and son:
http://200.49.210.251/chasco/Concurso.jpg
Mother and son:
http://200.49.210.251/chasco/Concurso.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,287
- 3
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3471/seal1qm.jpg
A seal(ion?) I saw at Half Moon Bay.
A seal(ion?) I saw at Half Moon Bay.
Last edited by a moderator:
detta
- 34
- 0
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9027/luna5qt.jpg
My bearded dragon Luna watching TV.
My bearded dragon Luna watching TV.
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Ok,[/URL] this is going to be impossible to decide. That is SO CUTE! :!)Burnsys said:Two of my cats.
Mother and son:
http://200.49.210.251/chasco/Concurso.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
detta said:http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9027/luna5qt.jpg
My bearded dragon Luna watching TV.
Last edited by a moderator:
J77
- 1,092
- 1
My gorillas would eat them kittens for breakfastEvo said:Ok, this is going to be impossible to decide. That is SO CUTE! :!)
(Kitten photos should've been banned from this competition. In fact, banned from the net in general
Burnsys
- 72
- 0
J77 said:My gorillas would eat them kittens for breakfast![]()
(Kitten photos should've been banned from this competition. In fact, banned from the net in general)
They have to catch them first! ok, maybe the little one.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
[/URL]Integral said:Small, cute and cuddly has been done pretty thoughly in this thread. So ...
RIP Keiko
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/keiko.jpg
Poor Keiko...
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Everything I'm reading today is about animals dying.


0TheSwerve0
- 196
- 0
Has the website with pics of baby animals been posted on this forum yet? http://www.babyanimalz.com/
scorpa
- 367
- 1
0TheSwerve0 said:Has the website with pics of baby animals been posted on this forum yet? http://www.babyanimalz.com/
OMG those are so cute!
Science Advisor
- 425
- 0
Moonbear said:Is too! I think s/he lives under my deck (or I hope that's what I hear rustling around under there). I'm still waiting for DocToxyn to come along and tell me what type of froggy it is. I think I posted the more washed out looking photo last time, because it was more of a close-up. This one came out more vivid (I took about 5 pictures of it, playing with different exposure settings and with/without flash, etc., before it got annoyed and hopped away).
Yes, it certainly is an animal and I think it's a green frog, Rana clamitans, but it's hard to tell from that angle. The only other species would be bullfrog, Rana catesbeiana. You need to check for the presence or absence of dorso-lateral ridges (they run on the back from the eyes to the caudal area), the green frog will have them. The only other way is to get him to call for you (if its a male)...I'll leave it up to Moonbear how she wants to proceed with that...
Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Ehhh... some not so much. What the hell are those things clinging to the guy's fingers about half-way down page 1? I've never seen primates that small.scorpa said:OMG those are so cute!
'Insect', when applied to a person (or in this case a Yomamma), indicates a generic pest of non-specific taxonomic classification.DocToxyn said:...and tapeworms are segmented worms, not insects.
Bladibla
- 362
- 1
[/URL]Integral said:Small, cute and cuddly has been done pretty thoughly in this thread. So ...
RIP Keiko
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/keiko.jpg
More meat for the inuits..
Last edited by a moderator:
scorpa
- 367
- 1
Danger said:Ehhh... some not so much. What the hell are those things clinging to the guy's fingers about half-way down page 1? I've never seen primates that small.![]()
Haha, well I meant most of them. There were some that just looked kind of creepy, but the vast majority of them were adorable.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Agreed. That flying ninja kitten just blew me away.
0TheSwerve0
- 196
- 0
Danger said:Ehhh... some not so much. What the hell are those things clinging to the guy's fingers about half-way down page 1? I've never seen primates that small.![]()
I think that's a pygmy marmoset. Here's http://is3.okcupid.com/users/982/564/9835652531401444900/mt1142230343.jpg , it's the one clinging to blade of grass
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Today I violated every safety rule and instinctively braked hard to let a chipmunk across the road. There's one little guy that made it another day. I do this pretty routinely, because I ride a motorcycle on every good day and hitting even relatively small animals like porcupines and raccoons can mess up your day on a bike.Evo said:Everything I'm reading today is about animals dying.![]()
![]()
![]()
Chipmunks are pretty tiny, but I have a soft spot for animals, and will do what I can for them if I'm not being tailgated by the vehicle behind me. I have stopped my bike and helped snapping turtles across the road - and they do NOT appreciate the help, although it might help another generation hatch and survive!Edit: although I am a bit nervous about having gnawing animals living in my cellar, a mother squirrel that raids our bird-feeders has parked her babies in our cellar. They are really cute, but as soon as they are old enough to move on, I will secure the place with epoxy paste, etc, to keep them out. The little ones are really brave, having not yet learned to fear humans.
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Definitely not a bullfrog. It wasn't "bumpy" enough for that. I'll look up some photos of Rana clamitans and see if it looks like the fellow that came to visit.DocToxyn said:Yes, it certainly is an animal and I think it's a green frog, Rana clamitans, but it's hard to tell from that angle. The only other species would be bullfrog, Rana catesbeiana. You need to check for the presence or absence of dorso-lateral ridges (they run on the back from the eyes to the caudal area), the green frog will have them. The only other way is to get him to call for you (if its a male)...I'll leave it up to Moonbear how she wants to proceed with that...![]()
Edit: Yep, that's it! Thanks. Really cute little critter. I really liked the irridescent patch on its cheeks. Pretty.
Last edited:
scorpa
- 367
- 1
http://www.babyanimalz.com/images/pic13648.jpg what the heck are those? those were one of the few things on that site that were definitely not cute.
dav2008
Gold Member
- 589
- 1
Contest entry: Squirrelly the Squirrel, Third Cousin Once Removed of Bubble Pipe Squirrel*
*See avatar[/size]
http://home.comcast.net/~cubz2008/squirreldav2008.jpg
*See avatar[/size]
http://home.comcast.net/~cubz2008/squirreldav2008.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Thanks, Swerve. Jeez, we have marmosets here and the bloody things are the size of a beagle.0TheSwerve0 said:I think that's a pygmy marmoset.
I might not know a pygmy marmoset when I see it, but I'm pretty sure that these little buggers are hedgehogs.scorpa said:http://www.babyanimalz.com/images/pic13648.jpg what the heck are those? those were one of the few things on that site that were definitely not cute.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Yes they are cute! Awwwwwwwwwww! They're baby hedgehogs. How adorable.scorpa said:http://www.babyanimalz.com/images/pic13648.jpg what the heck are those? those were one of the few things on that site that were definitely not cute.