Photo Contest - You Animal (6/6-6/13)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
113 replies · 41K views
Ok I thought that's what they might have been but I've never seen a hedgehog before so I wasn't sure.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Saw this little fellow at an aquarium a couple of weeks ago.
seahorse.jpg
 
Last edited:
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/7935/vacation20021443yu.jpg

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/7935/vacation20021443yu.jpg

Zz.
I bet you got soaked, no? (That question looks really French, no?)

Paden Roder
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/7935/vacation20021443yu.jpg

Zz.
Great timing! The shutter in my Camedia 3040 has a frustrating delay, making action shots like this tough. Now, why would they display the killer whale show on that big TV? I can see it if they've got a cute routine going with a sea otter, but killers are hard to miss. :confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... the real ones are bigger than the picture. Maybe they're taping the performance anyhow, and figure that they might as well show it while the signal's running.
 
Danger said:
Yeah... the real ones are bigger than the picture.
I was thinking the same thing. :smile:
 
I'm just amazed by the synchronization of those animals. It's almost flawless.
 
Evo said:
I'm just amazed by the synchronization of those animals. It's almost flawless.

Much more synchronized than the people, no?
 
Evo said:
I'm just amazed by the synchronization of those animals. It's almost flawless.
They're just waiting for someone to give them the signal to eat the treat they're balancing on their nose. :biggrin: :devil:
 
Boo Bird!

The joy of window bird feeders!

http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/Boobird.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Zotchie

cateyes2.jpg


Quite simply the most darlingest beast that ever there was, her true nature being revealed by the flash.

(I still do sarcasm, you know).
 
twisting_edge said:
Quite simply the most darlingest beast that ever there was
Wait, isn't that what you said to me last night? :cry:
 
Heres a picture of my mothers dog Mabel when she was a puppy. Shes fully grown now and about 3 years old.
 
Attachments
  • mabel.jpg
    mabel.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 489
Beeza said:
Heres a picture of my mothers dog Mabel when she was a puppy. Shes fully grown now and about 3 years old.

If you wish to enter this picture for the contest, it cannot be an attached picture. Please read our contest rules, and contact me if you still do not know how to use the IMG tags to display your picture.

Zz.
 
I think there should be a separate "Cat" photo contest. Other animals don't stand a chance after "Zotchie."
 
larkspur said:
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/Boobird.jpg
[/URL]
Why not continue to enjoy yourself accomplishing photo-collecting tasks ? :-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
larkspur said:
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/Boobird.jpg
[/URL]
"I'm hungry now, but I'll wait for one more before I open the window."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3355/zoie0ci.jpg
My dog, Zoie. She's a 2 and 1/2 year old Australian Shepherd mix from the humane society. Picked her up Memorial Day weekend when faced with a long weekend alone at home. We're starting some training at the end of the month and plan on eventually entering some dog agility competitions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
larkspur said:
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/Boobird.jpg
"Oh[/URL] how I yearn to one day fly like a sparrow!..."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Wait, isn't that what you said to me last night?
I might've: good sarcasm is sometimes worth recycling. But in this case I tend to doubt it.
 
Chi Meson said:
I think there should be a separate "Cat" photo contest. Other animals don't stand a chance after "Zotchie."
Flattery will get you nowhere with the psychotic little beast. Nor will anything else I've tried.

That picture is a complete flop on my LCD at work, BTW. My home machine is a traditional CRT with a very light background black even on the lowest setting: you can see hints of the shape of her face on it.

P.S.: Glad you liked the photo. I was actually aiming for a composition of her sitting in the window. I only left the flash on by mistake. That's a tiny outake of the full thing. I can post it if you like. It's sort of interesting because her blue rabies tag also glowed in the flash.
 
BobG said:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3355/zoie0ci.jpg
My dog, Zoie. She's a 2 and 1/2 year old Australian Shepherd mix from the humane society. Picked her up Memorial Day weekend when faced with a long weekend alone at home. We're starting some training at the end of the month and plan on eventually entering some dog agility competitions.
Gorgeous! I bet she is very intelligent too.
 
Last edited by a moderator: