Photograph courtesy of University

  • Thread starter Thread starter math04
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
math04
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
What does it mean "Photograph courtesy of an University"?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you give some context? What photograph? Which university? Maybe the picture of a famous person is on loan from the university where it was taken and framed?
 
math04 said:
What does it mean "Photograph courtesy of an University"?

I have never heard of such a thing, possibly it exist somewhere. In a University somewhere perhaps, but I have never heard of an University.
 
I guess you mean something like "Photograph courtesy of University X". It means that the copyright of the photograph belongs to University X and permission has been granted to reproduce it in the work you are reading.