Physical Aesthetic Preferences

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physical
In summary, people have a variety of preferences in physical features. Males generally have preferences for larger eyes, high cheekbones, a strong jaw line, and thick arms. Females generally have few preferences, with the exception of darker skin and longer hair.
Galteeth said:
Dan, you are entitled to your opinions, but please don't go around to "obese" girls giving them helpful advice.

Frankly, I don't care enough about the general 3rd part to give any kind of advice. If anyone asks for help I will be glad to offer it. But he/she has to ask. We (my friends and I ) do help anyone wanting to change their bodies and we did it for free, sometimes giving up significant personal time

Galteeth said:
Many girls have an unfortunate tendency to get neurotic about these kinds of issues.

It shouldn't surprise anyone. Deep inside, they do know the truth, no matter how hard they try to deny it. The truth that they are fat. The gap between what they ought to be and what they are, and the lack of will to act to move from there easily breeds sadness and depression. And to add insult to injury, there is also a social gap they have to face because their handicap.

Lard is a curse.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
FrancisZ said:
But short of actually killing this poor woman and setting her pelvis on a scale to measure mass,

Actually, we may simply take her BMI, bf% and several different body ratios to prove that is not in the eye of the beholder :P BMI indicators will work well for her as a indicator of the degree of obesity , since she is not, by any stretch if imagination, part of the population for which BMI can give flawed results.

Anyway, what about a fast visual comparison ?

http://thedemotivators.com/wp-content/main/2010_05/epic-booty.jpg
FrancisZ said:
that she is more of the "gynaecoid pelvis" type--which is wider than other types. She may also be storing more fat in that area, for the reason you already mentioned (namely, hormones).

Wider bones are not an excuse for excessive fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, before anyone jumps to conclusions , Ill state for the record that I also find unacceptable for a man to be fat , puffy like pudding and embrace obesity.

There are no excuses for either sex.

Last edited:
DanP said:

There are no excuses for either sex.

Except for medical/genetic disorders, right? Or someone who is paralyzed and can't exercise?

Dembadon said:
Except for medical/genetic disorders, right? Or someone who is paralyzed and can't exercise?

yeah, clinical cases excluded, goes without saying.

DanP said:
yeah, clinical cases excluded, goes without saying.

DanP said:

Anyway, there are medical standards who determine obesity. It is not in the eye of the beholder. That chick borders obesity. She will get there fast, unless she radically changes her lifestyle. Trust me, I seen hundreds of women bodies of all shapes , BMI and bf% percentage in the gyms during the years. From competitive athlete to really fat chicks who wanted to change their lives. The one in the picture is pretty bad :P

And now, let me tell you something which is in the eye of the beholder, me. I find that body disgusting. Besides the fact she looks really bad, her body reeks of complacency and sloth to me.

So, without knowing the woman's medical history, as well as not having any information regarding family genetics, one can't make the claim that I've bolded in your post.

Dembadon said:
So, without knowing the woman's medical history, as well as not having any information regarding family genetics, one can't make the claim that I've bolded in your post.
Wanna bet ? Most conditions of this kind are controllable through a very effective lifestyle. Even in the case of a disorder in appetite for example, with a genetic basis, the enrgy stored in that fat must come from somewhere. In fact, lifestyle changes will be prescribed by most endocrinologists, in addition to whatever treatment they will find fit. You don't get dis-graciously fat unless you eat like a pig

DanP said:
Wanna bet ?

Are you saying that you have a way to prove that the woman in the picture has no medical/genetic issues influencing her weight?

Dembadon said:
Are you saying that you have a way to prove that the woman in the picture has no medical/genetic issues influencing her weight?

No. I am telling you that an effective lifestyle will be a tremendous help in reversing the bf% . Plain and simple, the energy you store as fat must come from somewhere. You don't get fat from thin air. You get fat from overeating. Change your lifestyle, and the effects will be drastically reverse

It is one of the reasons why I don't think it is fit to discuss the particular case in detail, more information is required (besides the fact that her mom says she is healthy). One thing we do know for sure is that obesity rates are rising and it is spreading to more and more countries, poor life style choses are largely to blame in the majority of these cases.

DanP said:
No. I am telling you that an effective lifestyle will be a tremendous help in reversing the bf% . Plain and simple, the energy you store as fat must come from somewhere. You don't get fat from thin air. You get fat from overeating. Change your lifestyle, and the effects will be drastically reverse

Then how do you know that the woman in the picture is not already living a healthy lifestyle? In other words, are you making the following claim?

"All people who are overweight/obese due to medical or genetic issues can obtain a healthy body-fat percentage by changing their lifestyle."

I say "all" in the above argument because you seem to be implying that you don't need someone's medical/genetic history to say all that is needed is a lifestyle change.

Dembadon said:
I say "all" in the above argument because you seem to be implying that you don't need someone's medical/genetic history to say all that is needed is a lifestyle change.
I will reiterate. The only way you get dis-graciously fat as is eating like a pig. You don't get fat from thin air. Nor from your genes. You get fat by eating again and again and again, over your maintenance, and making poor choices on what you eat. If you are fat, you can say with 100% certitude that you have a caloric intake over maintenance, and any improvements in your eating habits WILL help.

Any worshipers of the female bust out there? I mean, the big one. Come on, admit it.

Same girl after shedding 10 Kg out. Looking way better. I bet she did changed her lifestyle.

Dan, just curious, what do you think of this girl?

Galteeth said:
Heavy but well proportioned. I hate women that can pack on the pounds yet still remain proportional. Any weight I gain goes straight to the waistline, no where else.

Galteeth said:

Good ratios. I would be curious to see more of her legs.

Evo said:
Heavy but well proportioned. I hate women that can pack on the pounds yet still remain proportional. Any weight I gain goes straight to the waistline, no where else.
I dated a couple of daughters of the local game warden, One was pretty skinny and leggy, but the rest had that well-proportioned look. Shapely butt, smaller waist, small up top. My lab-partner was more the toothpick model, Cute, with full lips and a nice smile... but skinny until Hell freezes over.

DanP said:
Wider bones are not an excuse for excessive fat.
No, but hormones are the cause of both wide pelvis and fat storage around that area.
radou said:
Any worshipers of the female bust out there? I mean, the big one. Come on, admit it.
I honestly think, that there's something about every person in the world, that is distinctly attractive about them. Some people have beautiful hair, or beautiful eyes, or beautiful shapes (to name just a few); I have yet to meet anyone, however, that is beautiful from every perspective, and in every combination.

In my humble opinion, I would just say that thinner, shorter women look good with small breasts; and heavy set or tall women look nice with large breasts. Flat can be very cute as well. But even if a woman isn't built in any of those dimensions, I'm certain that there is any number of other aesthetics that are equally feminine and alluring to a red blooded hetero male. I for one am attracted to women with really any distinct attribute. I think most straight men are.

Someone like Milena Velba, for example, has very beautiful bosoms; but she doesn't necessarily have as nice a hips as my boss does (and yes my boss is very lovely, I think, with her wide hips). Alternatively, someone like Judi Monterey was absolutely adorable back in the day (and yet not bosomy, so to speak).

My beloved Jayne was very tall (5'10") had the broadest hips I have ever seen. And honestly, in my heart, no one could ever compare to her, in any respect.
Galteeth said:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/12/70 Hot Curvy Girl.jpg
She has more of an hour glass figure I would say. And she's cute too, of course. I just prefer narrower shoulders.

FrancisZ said:
No, but hormones are the cause of both wide pelvis and fat storage around that area.
So what ? Still not an excuse to be fat. Never blame it on hormones and wider bones. Blame it on the insanely huge quantities of food they eat.

FrancisZ said:
I honestly think, that there's something about every person in the world, that is distinctly attractive about them

Never felt this. I can't find anything attractive in a lot of women. Wonderful eyes, as you say, on a sub par face won't do anything for attraction.

Last edited:
FrancisZ said:
In my humble opinion, I would just say that thinner, shorter women look good with small breasts; and heavy set or tall women look nice with large breasts.

I like short women with huge breasts. :biggrin:

FrancisZ said:
Someone like Milena Velba, for example, has very beautiful bosoms; but she doesn't necessarily have as nice a hips as my boss does (and yes my boss is very lovely, I think, with her wide hips).

Wow, someone here knows about her! Milena Velba is absolutely beautiful, in my oppinion! And in addition to all, she's german, so she is sexy when she speaks, too! :!) :cool:

I personally have a hard time separating the concept of physical beauty with that of personal beauty. That is to say, if I find someone to be a horrible person, I can't find them attractive.

DanP said:
So what ? Still not an excuse to be fat. Never blame it on hormones and wider bones. Blame it on the insanely huge quantities of food they eat.

So, basically, what I'm getting here is, you're a chubby chaser. It's ok man. To each his own.

Galteeth said:
So, basically, what I'm getting here is, you're a chubby chaser. It's ok man. To each his own.

It will be a cold day in hell when you'll see me with a fat woman. I am doing my best to maintain my body, so they can at least do the same. It's self respect.

Last edited:
Galteeth said:
I personally have a hard time separating the concept of physical beauty with that of personal beauty. That is to say, if I find someone to be a horrible person, I can't find them attractive.

I second that.

DanP said:
Never felt this. I can't find anything attractive in a lot of women. Wonderful eyes, as you say, on a sub par face won't do anything for attraction.
Ahhh...you say that...but then one day you fall in love with a woman you had absolutely no attraction to beforehand--it happens, believe me--and then you start noticing everything.

Real, sincere happiness makes a person beautiful. Hostile individuals tend to take less care with their appearance also.
radou said:
I like short women with huge breasts. :biggrin:
Well, that is in keeping with my theory: straight guys are attracted to distinctions; and a lady such as this would be distinct in two fashions then.
Wow, someone here knows about her! Milena Velba is absolutely beautiful, in my opinion! And in addition to all, she's german, so she is sexy when she speaks, too! :!) :cool:
Now that you mention it: accents are very charming as well; and German accents in particular (not sure why, considering German is not considered a "romance" language by itself). I love a Swiss German accent in particular. I also think Amish women are cute (yeah, I know I'm a weirdo).
Galteeth said:
Well, certainly if someone has done something awful to you, in can be hard to see the good in them, in any respect. But sometimes in movie and on television, the villains are quiet attractive.

FrancisZ said:
Real, sincere happiness makes a person beautiful.

I really think it's the genes you get from your mommy and daddy :P
FrancisZ said:
I also think Amish women are cute (yeah, I know I'm a weirdo).

Have you seen Jewel DeNyle in "Amish daughters" ?

DanP said:
I really think it's the genes you get from your mommy and daddy :P

Have you seen Jewel DeNyle in "Amish daughters" ?
No. And I'm guessing I probably shouldn't either. I don't like anything fake.

Evo said:

Sorry. :redface: If it's any consolation, it makes it really hard to buy clothes. Clothing manufacturers seem to assume that everyone gains weight in the middle, so when I shop for pants, I end up finding a lot that fit through the hips and butt, but are huge in the waist.

My preferences are for the short, slightly stocky guys. I've been attracted to a few taller guys too, but they also were fairly muscular all over. No chicken legs for me, and thin isn't at all attractive to me physically. As others said early in the thread, if there are other things attractive about a person, you begin to overlook the physical appearances if they aren't quite what normally attracts you. I've dated a couple skinny guys, and did grow to find them more physically attractive with time, but can definitely say it wasn't their looks that attracted me to them.