Psychological research on the causes of happiness
- Thread starter junglebeast
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Research
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 12K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Must be that us women are all so dang happy.
And, yeah, WHAT MOONBEAR SAID!
Go Moonbear!
And, yeah, WHAT MOONBEAR SAID!
Go Moonbear!
junglebeast
- 514
- 2
Georginia, no, actually...I did not take anything out of context, because the meaning of the word "OR" is "one or the other"..I said OR, and I meant OR! I specifically stated OR because I thought it would be ok to keep a semi informal discussion.
The purpose of references is so that people who are interested in doing the fact checking can do so. If you are so inclined, it takes all of about 1.5 hours to listen to all of these amazing talks, and all of about 1 millisecond to pull up the talks on Google.
It is really irrelevant to me whether or not you agree or disagree with the conclusions listed here. I am simply summarizing them, not arguing them.
I'm beginning to wish that I just kept this to myself.
The purpose of references is so that people who are interested in doing the fact checking can do so. If you are so inclined, it takes all of about 1.5 hours to listen to all of these amazing talks, and all of about 1 millisecond to pull up the talks on Google.
It is really irrelevant to me whether or not you agree or disagree with the conclusions listed here. I am simply summarizing them, not arguing them.
I'm beginning to wish that I just kept this to myself.
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
lisab said:We should have a Sisterhood meeting!
Bora Bora would cause me happiness![]()
Is that in the list?
Andre
- 4,296
- 73
Okay then some, contentment contendings from the sofa, feet on coffee table, chateauneuf du pape in rummer, unnerved by previous ponderings,
happiness is about attempts and progress towards a Big End Goal, to go where you want to, especially when it leads to the feeling of making the world a better place to live.
It's also about being accepted and respected within the social group in the special place that one desires.
To some happiness is about making others unhappy but happiness is mostly about making others happy instead.
Now, off to Bora Bora (if I win that lottery)
happiness is about attempts and progress towards a Big End Goal, to go where you want to, especially when it leads to the feeling of making the world a better place to live.
It's also about being accepted and respected within the social group in the special place that one desires.
To some happiness is about making others unhappy but happiness is mostly about making others happy instead.
Now, off to Bora Bora (if I win that lottery)
Similar threads
- kyphysics
- · Replies 2 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 2
- sahilmm15
- · Replies 17 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 17
- Andre
- · Replies 35 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 35
- HJ Farnsworth
- · Replies 5 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 5
- jackson6612
- · Replies 9 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 9
- Czcibor
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 2
- Katejk
- · Replies 11 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 11
- Delta2
- · Replies 1 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 1
- sunny79
- · Replies 23 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 23
- letsfailsafe
- · Replies 12 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 12