1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics and applied math journals

1. Apr 9, 2009 #1
    I'm quite new. Can anyone give me a link or sense of physics and applied mathematics journals and their rankings. I tried the search function but it all seems scattered. Google too is not helping much. Thanks y'all.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2009 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm not sure what you mean by ranking. Do you mean impact factor?

In general, each field has it's particular journals that increase in prestige and this varies from field to field. Any of the Phys Revs are fairly prestigious. Getting an article published in Nature is considered a very high accomplishment.

If you're just interested in starting to read journal articles one place to start might be Physics Today - their articles tend to be interesting, cover a wide range of topics, and are often written so as to introduce the material to readers who may not have a background in that particular field.

4. Apr 10, 2009 #3

eri

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook