Physics individual investigation

In summary, the conversation was about a student in year 12 needing to do an individual investigation for their Welsh Bac qualification. They are interested in physics topics such as travelling at the speed of light, the expansion of the universe, and invisible planets. However, they also need to compare their subject with something in Wales to another country. Suggestions were given, including researching gravity, renewable energy sources, and high-tech connectivity issues in different countries. The student is open to any advice and is grateful for any suggestions.
loch
°Hey guys, so I'm in year 12 and I've got to do an individual investigation about anything I want for my Welsh Bac qualification. Naturally as I wish to study Physics at Uni, I want to do my individual investigation on something physics related.

The difficult thing is that i need to compare my subject with something in Wales (uk) to another country.

im interested in:
°travelling at the speed of light, electrons needing 14B eV to do it etc
°Expansion of the universe, how fast, etc
°invisible plantes etc
°alot of space stuff really

But i need it to be relatable to countries on Earth waaa

I'd be really greatful for any advice on what i could investigate, that's anything to do with physics thanks.

Lochlainn Marynicz x

Physics news on Phys.org
If there were invisible plants in Wales and Belgium, how could you tell?

The gravity you experience in Wales, vs. in other countries. Which counties have more vs. less gravity than Wales?

Renewable energy topics:
** Solar insolation versus other countries,
** Wind power available versus other countries
** Geothermal energy sources versus other countries
** Hydroelectric energy available versus other countries

Hint -- you can use Google Images to search for things like European Energy Maps, etc.

You could also research WiFi coverage or other high-tech connectivity issues in your country versus other countries...

Hello Lochlainn,

It's great to hear that you are interested in studying physics at university and that you have the opportunity to do an individual investigation for your Welsh Bac qualification. Physics is a fascinating and ever-evolving field, so there are many potential topics you could explore for your investigation.

One approach you could take is to look at how different countries are using physics in their everyday lives. For example, you could explore the use of renewable energy sources in Wales compared to another country, such as Germany, which is known for its advancements in renewable energy technology. This could involve researching the physics behind different renewable energy sources, such as solar panels and wind turbines, and how they are being used in each country.

Another idea could be to investigate how different countries are tackling environmental issues, such as air pollution or climate change, using physics-based solutions. This could involve researching the physics behind these issues and looking at how different countries are addressing them through policies and technologies.

If you are interested in space and the universe, you could also explore how different countries are involved in space exploration and research. For example, you could compare the space programs and missions of the United States and China, or look at how different countries are collaborating on projects like the International Space Station.

Ultimately, the key is to find a topic that interests you and has a clear connection to physics. You could also consider discussing your ideas with your physics teacher or a mentor in the field to get their input and guidance. Good luck with your investigation!

What is a "Physics individual investigation"?

A "Physics individual investigation" is a research project in which a student conducts an independent study on a topic related to physics. It involves formulating a research question, designing and carrying out experiments, analyzing data, and reporting findings.

How do I choose a topic for my Physics individual investigation?

Choosing a topic for your Physics individual investigation can be a challenging task. It is important to select a topic that interests you and is relevant to the principles of physics. You can also seek advice from your teacher or browse through scientific journals for inspiration.

What is the importance of conducting a Physics individual investigation?

Conducting a Physics individual investigation allows students to apply their knowledge and skills to real-world problems. It also promotes critical thinking, problem-solving, and scientific inquiry. It is an opportunity for students to develop their research and communication skills, which are essential in any scientific career.

What are the key components of a Physics individual investigation?

The key components of a Physics individual investigation include a research question, hypothesis, methodology, data collection and analysis, results, and conclusion. It is also important to include a literature review, which provides background information and context for the study.

What are some tips for successfully completing a Physics individual investigation?

Some tips for successfully completing a Physics individual investigation include selecting a feasible and interesting topic, planning and organizing your research, following the scientific method, and seeking feedback from your teacher or peers. It is also crucial to allocate enough time for each stage of the project and to be thorough and accurate in your data collection and analysis.