Physics world or Physics today

• Thread starter mano353
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, "Physics world" and "Physics today" are two magazines that are similar in content but differ in their origins. "Physics world" is a British journal with less technical articles that can be read for free on their website, while "Physics today" is an American journal with more technical content. Both are recommended for readers interested in physics.
mano353
"Physics world" or "Physics today"

Hi,

I want to subscribe to one of these two magazines:
- “Physics world”
- “Physics today”

Which one do you recommend?
What differences have?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
One's British and the other American. :biggrin: I read the first one at a library, and it's a good journal. Topics are not very technical. You can read some of the articles for free at their website.

I don't know about Physics World but Physics Today is quite technical (at least for me--a high school student.)

It has a lot of good stuff in it regardless... I still enjoy reading it.

1. What is the purpose of studying physics?

The purpose of studying physics is to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe. This knowledge can be applied to various fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology to improve our daily lives.

2. What are the main branches of physics?

The main branches of physics are classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and relativity. These branches cover different aspects of the physical world and help us understand the behavior of matter and energy at different scales.

3. How does physics impact our daily lives?

Physics impacts our daily lives in many ways, from the technology we use to the natural phenomena we observe. It helps us understand how objects move, how electricity and magnetism work, and how light and sound travel. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as medicine, transportation, and communication.

4. What are some current advancements in the field of physics?

Some current advancements in the field of physics include the study of dark matter and dark energy, the development of new technologies such as quantum computers and nanotechnology, and the exploration of the universe through space missions and telescopes. Additionally, research is being done to understand and potentially harness the power of nuclear fusion as a source of clean energy.

5. How can one pursue a career in physics?

To pursue a career in physics, one typically needs to obtain a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field, followed by a graduate degree in a specific area of physics. Many physicists also conduct research in academia or work in industries such as engineering, telecommunications, or biotechnology. It is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics and critical thinking skills to be successful in this field.