Plane velocity needed for 640m/s ground speed with wind at 150m/s

  • Thread starter Thread starter nagaromo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Airplane Wind
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
nagaromo
Messages
13
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A plane has a max airspeed of 770m/s. If the wind velocity is 150m/s 48o W of S, in what direction and with what velocity should the pilot fly the plane to have a ground velocity of 640m/s at 57o E of S? Can She do it?



Homework Equations


V(plane to wind) + V(wind to ground) = V(airplane to ground)


The Attempt at a Solution


Well, I actually got to some answer, but I need someone to help me check if it is correct. If not, can you please help me?

For velocity and direction I got 686.6m/s at 19o S of E.

Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
nvm i solved it on my own.. i got 694.11m/s 20.9 S of E