1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Planning on transferring schools, which classes to take for prep?

1. Oct 18, 2011 #1
    Hi all,
    I have really enjoyed this forum and I appreciate all the interaction. I am planning to transfer to a different EE program (Great reputation, and a lot closer) and I am trying to plan my courses for next semester. Just wanted to see if anyone had any input.
    I am definitely taking:
    Physics 2
    Calc 3

But I am not sure about the others as not everything transfers (which im not sure why).
    I could take digital logic and be done with it OR I could take Linear and Diff Eq.

Linear and Diff Eq are not stand alone courses where I want to transfer (Diff is taught within Linear systems) but I was wondering if they would be good prep, since things might be a little tougher there?

Digital logic would transfer but I just dont want to take the easy way out and then be unprepared...probably over thinking it but thought I would put it out there. Thanks for any input you guys have!
    Chuck

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2011 #2
    Speak with someone from the school you're transferring to and ask them which courses would transfer and which wouldn't. By the way what year are you currently at?

4. Oct 18, 2011 #3
    Oh, I did. Digital Logic transfers, but the other two dont (because they are not taught as stand alone courses).

Thats the question, since I am going to a 'tougher' school should I take those courses to prepare or would taking digital logic be the best bet since I know it will transfer. And then just learn Diff eq when it is presented.

Im leaning toward taking Digital logic, as Im sure they will teach me everything I need since many others have presumably went through just fine too.

I have a previous degree in psychology so they have me listed as a senior. But I consider myself a junior since it will take me 4 more semesters to finish all the core courses and transfer into the MSEE program.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook