Please help want to do Master in Physics with engg. background

In summary, the conversation is about an individual who has completed a B.Tech in electronics engineering and is now interested in pursuing a career in physics. They are seeking advice on how to prepare for the GRE physics exam and how to increase their chances of getting into a good university in the US or Europe. They also request suggestions for books to prepare for the exam. The individual mentions a helpful thread for those aiming for a US institution, but is specifically looking for advice on European institutions.
vishal_srivas
Hello friends

I hve done B.Tech in electronics engineering from ISM dhanbad, a premier engineering institute in India. And I have a very core interest in physics from very early but i couldn't choose physics after my school due to some reason.
Now, I am finally decided to pursue physics ahead and I am starting to prepare GRE physics. Need help about " how to start"... "from where to start" ?
And I also want to know whether it will be possible to switch or not ... how tough it is? How much score in GRE physics should I need to get admission in a good university in US or Europe ? What extra should I do to increase my chances ?
And kindle suggest some books for GRE preparation ? ( for classical mechanics, relativity, E&M Statistical Physics, Atom & Nuclear physics and for experimental part also)

Please help !

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks ZapperZ ! the link was useful ! But I need more detail for my question... ! I am more interested in europe than US ! Help !

What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing a Master's degree in Physics with an engineering background?

The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the university or program you are applying to. Typically, a bachelor's degree in engineering with a strong foundation in physics and mathematics is required. Some programs may also require you to have a minimum GPA or to have completed certain prerequisite courses.

What are the career opportunities after completing a Master's degree in Physics with an engineering background?

With a Master's degree in Physics, you can pursue a career in various fields such as research and development, engineering, teaching, data analysis, and more. You may also have the opportunity to work in industries such as aerospace, energy, healthcare, and telecommunications.

What is the duration of a Master's program in Physics with an engineering background?

The duration of a Master's program in Physics with an engineering background may vary depending on the university or program. Typically, it takes 2 years to complete the program on a full-time basis. However, some universities may offer accelerated programs that can be completed in 1 year.

What skills are required to succeed in a Master's program in Physics with an engineering background?

To succeed in a Master's program in Physics with an engineering background, you will need to have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics. Additionally, you will need to have critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Good communication and time-management skills are also essential for success in this field.

Are there any scholarships available for pursuing a Master's degree in Physics with an engineering background?

Yes, there are various scholarships available for students pursuing a Master's degree in Physics with an engineering background. These scholarships may be offered by universities, government organizations, or private institutions. Make sure to research and apply for any scholarships that you may be eligible for.