1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help! want to do Master in Physics with engg. background !

1. Apr 2, 2013 #1
    Hello friends

I hve done B.Tech in electronics engineering from ISM dhanbad, a premier engineering institute in India. And I have a very core interest in physics from very early but i couldn't choose physics after my school due to some reason.
    Now, I am finally decided to pursue physics ahead and I am starting to prepare GRE physics. Need help about " how to start"... "from where to start" ?
    And I also want to know whether it will be possible to switch or not ... how tough it is? How much score in GRE physics should I need to get admission in a good university in US or Europe ? What extra should I do to increase my chances ?
    And kindle suggest some books for GRE preparation ? ( for classical mechanics, relativity, E&M Statistical Physics, Atom & Nuclear physics and for experimental part also)

Please help !!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2013 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

4. Apr 2, 2013 #3
    Thanks ZapperZ ! the link was useful ! But I need more detail for my question... ! I am more interested in europe than US ! Help !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook