Please welcome another imaginary friend

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
fuzzyfelt
Gold Member

Welcome DrPaleo!

Evo
Mentor

He apologizes that I kept him on the phone too long tonight and promises to say hi tomorrow night.

If, not, he'll be banned.

Can someone be banned before he even created an account !?

DrPaleo, our prehistoric fish has been expecting you ! :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor

Can someone be banned before he even created an account !?

DrPaleo, our prehistoric fish has been expecting you ! :tongue2:
His publisher has accepted the new title for his second book.

The original tiltle was something like "The Great Megafauna Extinction". The publisher thought it was too highbrow and wanted something the average American would understand.

Ok, so I thought "megafauna - faun- BAMBI!!

I suggested "The Killing of MEGA-BAMBI!!!!

I guess that was shot down. :frown:

Last edited:

Would the great mega fauna extinction be a subject for an archeologist? Then it would be predictable that the role of homo sapiens is going to be highlighted. However the Martin overkill hypothesis has been challenged rather convincingly.

Also the "great megafauna extinction" would need to cover world wide area between 40,000 and 6000 before present (BP), while the alleged great Clovis murdering was to be confined to North America between 11,050 and 10,800 14C (carbon dated) years BP. This calibrates with INTCAL04 to ~12,950 to ~12,830 calendar year. So not 250 years but a mere 120 years.

Climate wise this period is the true mystery interval as it is highly ambigous if it is either the start of the Younger Dryas or if it preceeded the Younger Dryas (which I'm convinced of). This seems to be the real cold and soaking wet period attributed to the Younger Dryas. In reality it seemed that the Younger Dryas reversed suddenly to super aridity around 12,680 Calendar years BP, which elicited several authors to propose a split up of the Younger dryas in two parts. All in all, probably not something you would like to encounter, as it might have lead to your extinction.

The steep gradient of the radio carbon dating is probably related to anomalous atmosphere - ocean interaction which dovetailes with several oceanic observations of carbon dating basin age shifts. So it would be defendable to assume that the oceans played a major role in these mysteries.

It was also a period of increased volcanic activity in Iceland and otherwise dormant volcanic areas in Europe (Eifel in Germany and Massif Central in France)

What am I doing here? To early to fight I guess. Let's discuss this later.

Last edited:
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Hummm... Shouldn't we wait till AFTER someone signs up to welcome them? :rolleyes:

yeah....imagination is cool

hello DrPaleo

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Yeah, Evo's imagination is all evil green rays, motherships and killer fluffy animals. :uhh:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

It was kind of on in the background once on TV and I missed the first 20 minutes or something.
Apparently, the last 20 minutes were missed too.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Apparently, the last 20 minutes were missed too.
You can tell I wasn't paying too much attention :tongue2:.

Evo
Mentor

Hummm... Shouldn't we wait till AFTER someone signs up to welcome them? :rolleyes:
He already is a member.

Evo
Mentor

Also the "great megafauna extinction" would need to cover world wide area between 40,000 and 6000 before present (BP),
He's only covering North America, I believe, but he can clear that up tonight.

Evo
Mentor

Yeah, Evo's imagination is all evil green rays, motherships and killer fluffy animals. :uhh:
psychoticbunny5ew.jpg

psychoticbunny5ew.jpg
The rabbit of Caerbannog, guardian of the lost cave home of the legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh..... :surprised

Hello all. I am not just another one of Evo's giant rabbits! The comparison to Brad Pitt was due to my supposed no hold barred feistiness in the dispute over exactly when the Indians' ancestors arrived here (about 13,000 years ago, IMHO). I have not been meek in my criticism of phony evidence for an earlier human presence. However, the hyper-aggressive caricature in "Science" was a bit of an exaggeration.

DrPaleo

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Wow! He really exists! (*Rushes off to check that it's not Evo registering a second account.* :biggrin:)

Welcome to PF!

THWUNK!

That was the coelocanth. You're officially initiated to PF. :wink:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Welcome DrPaleo (*hands drpaleo an ice pack for the fish welt*)!

DrPaleo ! What an honor ! :smile:
about 13,000 years ago
I would be delighted to know more, but only general discussion is allowed here... plus Evo is quite strict with the rules o:)

Did you like the coelacanth ?

*Rushes off to check that it's not Evo registering a second account.*
Was it ? :uhh

Evo
Mentor

He was here!! I was out buying pickles for my potato salad, and I am home now, without pickles of course.

So, PF has an official archaelogist now. :approve:

Welcome, most imaginary Dr Paleo and I love fair fights, about Martin's overkill hypothesis for instance.

Unfortunately, the https://www.physicsforums.com/memberlist.php?&pp=30&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=D&page=75 [Broken]

Perhaps waiting for the confirmation?
That thing doesn't work!
I knew that's real because I advanced searched (before your post and now too) and entered "drpaleo" in user name and he showed up in the drop down list. Imaginary people don't show up. Even "drpaulbright" is not in the list ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

He was here!! I was out buying pickles for my potato salad, and I am home now, without pickles of course.
Uh huh, likely story. Seems the two of you are never seen online at the same time...hmm...:wink: :biggrin:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Evo is never online. Could it be that she is a figment of her own imagination and doesn't really exist? :uhh:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Evo is never online. Could it be that she is a figment of her own imagination and doesn't really exist? :uhh:
:rofl: I always see her as "invisible," but then I have x-ray vision. :biggrin:

I thought she's always online. I see at the bottom:

"rootX, lisab, turbo-1, humanino, jostpuur, Maaneli, Moonbear, Penumbra, slider142, WheelsRCool, WarPhalange

Evo "

Seems the two of you are never seen online at the same time...hmm...:wink: :biggrin:
I would have drawn conclusion if they were always online at the same time :tongue: