Plotting graph of y = 1.5/sin(x) for x in (0, π/2)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
ghostbuster25
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
drawing graph of functions...HELP!

ok, i am going to admit i am TERRIBLE when it comes to drawing graphs of functions. I have no idea what i am doing and kind of need a step by step approach. I really want to learn the best way of doing this as its now a big obstacle in my course.

The question i have is basically plot a graph of the function y=fr(x)
Im told that fr(x)=1.5/sin(x)
the domain is (0,1/2*[tex]\pi[/tex])

I already have an answer of what the graph SHOULD look like but am having trouble getting together a table of values to draw it with for myself. I have tried on my calculator but it keeps giving me a parallel line of y=1.5 (if that makes sense)
i know i must be putting it in wrong

HELP...!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


What values are you putting in for x? Is your calculator in radian mode?
 


ive been putting in 1/2*pi for x...yes it is in radians
 


Well, if you always put in the same x, you will always get out the same y!

Put in a number of different values for x between 0 and [itex](1/2)\pi[/itex].