Economic disparity and politics in America

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Class politics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
30 replies · 6K views
russ_watters said:
I think you are missing my logic. What I was getting at is that "poverty" is both a social issue and a group of people. Eliminating that social issue eliminates the group of people voting democratic. The Republicans criminalizing abortion would not eliminate a constituent base (especially since passing the law would not end the fight).
Just because the democrats are supported by the impoverished now does not mean that once that group is eliminated that the democrats will have nothing to stand for. If they actually accomplish such a task it would change the political climate considerably, I would think, and put them in good favor at least temporarily.