Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Political and High-Tech Thrillers

1. Apr 11, 2016 #1
    I want to write a book that is both a political thriller and a High-Tech thriller. The thing is I'm not overly familiar with either genre. Anyone out there have a favorite in either (or both) categories? I already have a copy of Jurassic Park and The Andromeda Strain.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2016 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This does not sound like a recipe for success.

You seem to have started a number of projects. Have you completed any? Are you participating in any writers' workshops? Do you have an editor? These will help direct advice you get into the most useful directions.

4. Apr 11, 2016 #3
    The problem I've got with this thing is that I can't see how it ends--other than the generic, the Bad Guys lose and the Good Guys win--and I have no idea who the protagonist is. I know who the antagonist is--I've known him for ten years. The only model I have at the moment is Shakespeare tragedies, because in those works the dude who finally does in the villain sort of comes out of nowhere in the second or third act. I was hoping some people had favorite political thrillers to suggest because it seems like a good idea to look at works that deal almost exclusively with the protagonist.

5. Apr 11, 2016 #4
  6. Apr 11, 2016 #5
    I do have a novelette published on the Kindle Service, but it's not science fiction or fantasy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted