Politics presentation on immigration

In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a politics presentation and how to make it fun and interesting. Some suggestions include including the grade level of the students, discussing both legal and illegal immigration and its impact on other countries, and considering the teacher's opinions and grading style. The conversation also confirms that this is the appropriate forum for discussing this topic.
ruby_duby
hi can anyone give me any good ideas for i what i can include in my politics presentation and how i can make it fun and interesting

Physics news on Phys.org
Grade level of the students?

Immigration - are you referring specifically to legal immigration or are you also including illegal immigration?

You could include the impact on the other countries - Don't forget, if the doctors and engineers are immigrating here, those other countries are losing those positions... The impact is on both sides.

What is your teacher's opinion? How does your teacher grade? I ask this because some of the material you present may be opinionated, to a degree... There are teachers (good teachers) who respect the opinions of their students, and there are those who don't respect other opinions, and grade accordingly. (I learned that the hard way once.) Sometimes, you have a lot of freedom in which side of an issue you present; other times, you have to "play the game" and bias your information toward the teacher's biases (unfortunately.)

thanks for your help well she like to remain quite neutral in her opinions and a generous marker, and she does to some extent like us to voice our opinions.

i was only going to refer to legal immigration, but thanks for you idea about the impact it has on countries other than the Uk

Uhhhhhhhhh... Wrong forum perhaps?

Stevedye56 said:
Uhhhhhhhhh... Wrong forum perhaps?
It's homework help on an "other science" (social science). I'd say it's okay. :)

What are the current laws and policies regarding immigration?

The current laws and policies regarding immigration vary by country and are constantly changing. In the United States, the main laws governing immigration are the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). These laws specify the criteria for admission, visa requirements, and the grounds for deportation. Additionally, there are policies in place to address issues such as asylum seekers, refugees, and undocumented immigrants.

What are the economic impacts of immigration?

The economic impacts of immigration are a highly debated topic. Some argue that immigrants contribute to economic growth by filling labor shortages, starting businesses, and paying taxes. Others argue that immigrants take jobs away from native-born workers, drive down wages, and rely on government assistance. The reality is that the economic impacts of immigration vary depending on factors such as the type of immigrants, the economic conditions of the receiving country, and the policies in place to regulate immigration.

How does immigration affect national security?

Many people are concerned about how immigration may affect national security. While there have been instances of immigrants involved in terrorist acts, the overall impact of immigration on national security is debatable. In the United States, there are strict vetting processes in place for immigrants, and the majority of immigrants do not pose a threat to national security. However, it is important for countries to have effective immigration policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety of their citizens.

What are the social and cultural impacts of immigration?

Immigration has a significant impact on the social and cultural fabric of a country. It can bring diversity, new ideas, and cultural enrichment. However, it can also lead to tensions and challenges in assimilation and integration. The way in which a country handles immigration can greatly influence the social and cultural impacts. For example, policies that promote inclusion and provide support for immigrants can lead to more positive outcomes.

What are some potential solutions to the immigration issue?

The immigration issue is complex, and there is no easy solution. Some potential solutions that have been proposed include increased border security, stricter enforcement of immigration laws, creating a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, and reforming the immigration system to make it more efficient and fair. Ultimately, finding a solution to the immigration issue will require collaboration and compromise from all stakeholders, including government officials, immigration advocates, and the general public.