News [Poll] Should highly biased art be placed in government buildings

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date

Should highly partisan artwork be displayed?

• Yes, partisan artwork should be displayed in government buildings

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, partisan artwork does not belong in government buildings

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
pattylou said:
My favorite piece of partisan art is at my gay brother in law's apartment. It's a picture from when he was an aide of some sort in DC. It's a picture of Bush Senior warmly arm in arm with him, grinning at the camera.

My bil has this picture somewhat prominently displayed. I laugh every time I see it. I love it. I dunno why, don't read too much into it, I just love it.

I voted no.
You'll love this then: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushstayscrawford.htm

Now, really, I think we have lost the plot on this question.

There is a big difference between putting the 10 commandments or Christ on the cross on the wall and political cartoons.

loseyourname has the right answer... Even black velvet pictures of Elvis or Dogs playing Poker would be good for people of them 'southern states'. :biggrin:

pattylou said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There's something about that family.....
Actually, the funniest one I saw was a scan of a newspaper article in banning gay marriage however there was an unrelated story beside it that contained a reference to Bush and Prince Bandar which they chose to illustrate with a photo of them walking together hand in hand.

I was searching for that one to link to here but couldn't find it immediately.

I am sure someone will post it soon.

The Smoking Man said:
Even black velvet pictures of Elvis or Dogs playing Poker would be good for people of them 'southern states'. :biggrin:
Why can't those people decide what is good for them, themselves? Do you seriously believe they should have the benevolence of you or anyone else to decide for them? Such despotism that would be…. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And why are foreigners voting in this poll
Actually you are the foreigner!!! :rofl:

Townsend said:
Why can't those people decide what is good for them, themselves? Do you seriously believe they should have the benevolence of you or anyone else to decide for them? Such despotism that would be…. :rolleyes:
Okay then ... they can have the black velvet bullfighter with the matching pillows but don't say I didn't warn you.

The Smoking Man said:
Okay then ... they can have the black velvet bullfighter with the matching pillows but don't say I didn't warn you.
Ok...you have my word that I will never say you didn't warn me... :smile: