Polymer simulation source code in C++ and Python

In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between three source codes for Polymer simulation: Monte-Carlo-simulation-of-polymers, PolymerPhysicsSimulation, and Polymer-MonteCarlo. The speaker is trying to understand the simulation by analyzing the source code written by others and is seeking answers to questions such as the objectives of the source codes, if they represent bio-polymers or synthetic polymers, if they are lattice-based or off-lattice simulations, and if they represent hard-polymers or soft-polymers. However, it is mentioned that this is a difficult request as these programs have been written by different programmers for different objectives and may not work as advertised. The best way to understand them is to run them and read the comments
user366312
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Polymer simulation source code in C++ and Python.
I am absolutely new to Polymer simulation. I am trying to understand the simulation by analyzing source code written by others.

Can anyone tell me what are the differences between the following three source code in terms of their objectives?

1. Monte-Carlo-simulation-of-polymers
  2. PolymerPhysicsSimulation
  3. Polymer-MonteCarlo
For example, I want to know:

1. if they achieve the same objectives, i.e., polymer growth.
  2. if they represent bio-polymers (e.g. proteins) or synthetic polymers.
  3. if they are lattice-based or off-lattice simulations.
  4. if they represent hard-polymers or soft-polymers.

Technology news on Phys.org
This is a pretty unreasonable request. These are specialized programs written in different languages by different programmers for different objectives.

The best you can do is run them according to the programmer's instructions and look at the results. Reading the comments will also help. Note which algorithms are mentioned and try to follow the flow to determine what they are trying to do. Also be aware that these programs may not work as advertised or that the comments will accurately reflect what the code is doing.

1. What is polymer simulation source code?

Polymer simulation source code refers to computer programs written in the programming languages C++ or Python that are used to simulate the behavior of polymer molecules. These programs use mathematical models and algorithms to mimic the movement and interactions of individual polymer chains in a virtual environment.

2. Why is C++ and Python commonly used for polymer simulation?

C++ and Python are popular languages for polymer simulation because of their speed, efficiency, and versatility. C++ is a high-performance language that allows for complex calculations and data processing, while Python is known for its ease of use and extensive libraries for scientific computing.

3. What are the main applications of polymer simulation?

Polymer simulation has various applications in the fields of material science, chemistry, and biophysics. It is used to study the properties of polymers and their behavior in different environments, as well as to design and optimize new polymer materials for specific purposes.

4. Is polymer simulation source code open source?

Some polymer simulation source code may be open source, meaning that it is freely available for anyone to use, modify, and distribute. However, some source code may be proprietary and require a license for use.

5. Can I use polymer simulation source code for my own research?

If the source code is open source, you can use it for your own research as long as you follow the license terms. If the source code is proprietary, you may need to obtain a license from the owner or developer in order to use it for your research.